All reviews across the street the penthouse within walking distance bagels continental breakfast parking is tight perfect location saint simons condo hotel neptune park short walk light house shops and restaurants beautiful room covered parking housekeeping staff the breakfast area
Reviewed September 23, 2018

This hotel is a mixed bag. The location was great but there are other properties that are close by as well so there is nothing outstanding about this. The room was updated. We learned this is a condo hotel so the rooms are privately owned and, as a result, you get what the owner provides. One thing missing was any sort of beach chairs, neither provided by the room owner or hotel. The pool was OK but, since its basically in the shade, it was very cold. We couldn't use it. The breakfast was adequate and had a nice selection although they need to find another supplier of orange juice. it tasted horrible. Parking is limited but any overflow is across the street at the lighthouse. I'd stay there again but it wouldn't be my first choice. The night clerk wasn't the engaging type of staff. You barely got a yes or no answer. He would be better suited cooking at McDonalds where he didn't have to interact with the public.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

The self guided tour is set up perfectly for you to learn and experience the lighthouse and its history. I highly recommend taking the 30 or so minutes and adding this to your trip. The view from the top is breathtaking.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank coreym207
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Great price for our 2 night stay! Our room was not fancy and the vanity for bathroom was rather small, but the room was clean and comfortable. Great location! The only negative was that the internet connection was not very strong. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Saundra M
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Inn by The Lighthouse for our anniversary trip. We were very fortunate to get a room looking directly at the Lighthouse! The room was decorated in a very eclectic Island style! The individual that chose the decor for the room we were in did an outstanding job creating an Island feel, complete with a surfboard in one corner! The room furnishings were unique and beautiful. We enjoyed a very comfortable stay at this Inn. The complimentary breakfast was small, but with plenty of options. The staff is super friendly and goes out of their way to be accommodating. We would love to stay in this place again sometime...I think that says it all!

1  Thank Reallyreally1
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We checked in and I asked to see our room. I went and checked it out! No way! I went back to the desk and explained that the bedspreads were dingy, not made up correctly, and seemed hastily cleaned. The young guy moved us to room 206 which I again went and checked out. It was much better. The air conditioner was on full blast and freezing, but when you lower the temperature from 60 to 70, it was still super cold. Hmmm, maybe it had a thermostat problem. The bathroom needed a good cleaning! The tub/shower are had soap scum all over it. I used a washcloth and shampoo to reclean the tub myself. Yuck. The beds were very comfortable! The place was very quiet which was great. The place was very convenient to the shopping area, restaurants, and historic lighthouse. I was disappoint with the breakfast. My husband ate some cereal and a banana. I always eat fruit in the mornings. He said there were only 2 bananas. I went down and the lady said they had no more fruit other than a few oranges. She offered me the little cups of sweetened fruit with the peel back tops. No thank you! Overall, our stay was average. They need to checked behind the cleaning staff, update or check the AC and certainly make sure the breakfast is supplied with fresh fruit.

Room tip: Always see your room BEFORE you check in.
Date of stay: August 2018