“Great for tapas & drinks!”

Under the Cork Tree
Ranked #8 of 132 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Description: At Under The Cork Tree, Jason Sheetz and Chef William Sigley of Hammocks Trading Company present guests with the exotic and bold flavors of the Mediterranean prepared with only the freshest of ingredients in our open kitchen. Guests can choose to dine in our beautifully appointed dining room, on the patio or in our comfortable tapas lounge and bar. Offering 200+ wines and a private dining room. Buffet Sunday brunch from 11:00-3:00.
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Have been here a couple times, and both times I thoroughly enjoyed the small plates and the cocktails. Went last week and had the delicious combination cheese plate - which, believe it or not, is definitely worth the $25 price! Drinks were poured well, as usual, and the house-made churros were a perfect dessert for us.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Recently had dinner with friends at Under the Cork Tree and it was better than our visit there last year. We had a lovely table on a very crowded week night but the service was outstanding and the menu was even better.

We had two lovely bottles of red wine (very nice wine menu) and decided to share dinner "tapas style." There are so many excellent selections and we really enjoyed the roasted sweet peppers and the charbroiled octopus. The olive selection was also a good start and we ordered several different items finishing with the smoked chicken stuffed ravioli. It was outstanding.

Our waiter was delightful and very attentive without being intrusive (believe his name was Francisco and he was delightful).

Overall a wonderful dining experience with good friends, reasonably priced wines and delightful tapas. We left satisfied but not stuffed.

Highly recommend this easy to find restaurant in Sandy Springs.

Jason S, Owner at Under the Cork Tree, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

I was so pleased to read your review and learn about your recent dining experience at Under the Cork Tree. We love getting feedback from our guests and I will let Francisco read this as well. We look forward to having you dine with us again!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant, wonderful wine lists, proficient bartenders, well-stocked bar and a very accomplished menus. But what gets me to Under the Cork Tree is the mid-week special: $5 Martini Wednesdays (and lovely, inviting patio). Choose from a list of 10 freshly-made, yummy flavored martinis (or ask for boring Gin or Vodka). Trust me, a few (too many) martinis is just what one needs to break up the work week or escape from the kids for a few hours.

I also recommend Sunday Brunch and other daily specials. I promise you will really enjoy this place. Enjoy~

Reviewed October 7, 2017

My best friend and I went to Under The Cork for our birthdays last weekend. She was in town and wanted to try out a new place and I'd never been there before so we were excited...I like to consider myself a foodie. She made reservations and when I arrived she was already seated. Here is my breakdown...

The good - the ambiance. The restaurant has a very nice vibe. Dim lights (we were seated inside) but not too dark that you cannot see the restaurant. The decor is wine friendly - which means it makes you want to order a glass...or bottle...of wine - and very inviting. I looked outside and the deck was nice as well, seemed like a good place to enjoy dinner and people watch.

The bad - the food was just OK. I ordered the Saffron Braised Mussels and Clams (appetizer) and it was hit or miss. The taste was not bad but there were a few mussels that were very small, almost like an empty shell. The dish had a strong fishy smell, we smelled it as soon as it was put in front of us. For dinner I ordered the Wood Oven Roasted Leg of Lamb and while I thought it was going to be an actual leg of lamb it was slices of lamb. I wish it were a cook to order dish, had I known it was coming out in slices I would have asked, because it was too well done. The lamb was tough, so tough I could barely cut it with the knife given to me. The taste was bland and it needed more seasonings. The spinach was good and so were the prunes that accompanied the dish but I did not like the couscous. Actually, I ate a few bites of the couscous and pushed it to the side.

The ugly - the service provided by our server, Dennis. It was awful! First, when I arrived Dennis came over and asked if we were ready to order. I did not have a menu so I asked him for one. He went to get it and said he'd come back. He came back 5 minutes later and asked if we were ready to order. My best friend asked him if there were any specials and he said "no, not really". OoooK. I told him this was our first time at the restaurant and asked what he would recommend. His response "it's all good" and then he seemed like we were bothering him by asking these questions. So I asked about his opinion on specific dishes and he said "they are different but both are good". OK, fine. We ordered and he left. He did not come over again until he removed the plates from in front of us. Seriously...Dennis NEVER came to check on us! Someone else brought us our food, not our waiter. A young female waitress was checking on her customer next to us, providing great service, and we asked her if she would mind filling our empty water glasses and she obliged. I tried to cut into my lamb with the knife given, I barely could so I looked around for our waiter and he was nowhere to be found. I made do. My friend finished her food and he popped over and picked up the plate and disappeared again. I finished my food and he popped up with the check. Dennis did not ask if we wanted dessert or how our meal tasted. My best friend asked him for a dessert menu and he sighed and said "ok, hold on". Dennis comes back about 30 seconds later and says "don't worry about a dessert menu, I picked out the best dessert on our menu and I'll bring it to you. Free of charge". Nice gesture BUT we'd asked for a menu to see what they had to offer so we could decide ourselves, he did not know if we had any allergies to what he had picked. Dennis finally brought a menu and we decided against ordering, for various reasons. He brought out the creme brulee he'd ordered for us and it was...creme brulee, nothing special, but my friend did not like it.

We were excited to try this restaurant but we both agreed we would not return again, thanks to the horrible service we received from our server Dennis. Would I recommend this place? I would say 'yes' but you might get Dennis and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

1  Thank Eveluv
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We made a reservation for 7:30 but arrived early. Without any question, they graciously seated us.
Our tapas included Medjool dates, crispy artichokes, lamb ribs , muhamarra and albondigas. They were absolutely wonderful! So unique and filled with flavor!! We then enjoyed their freshly made churros for dessert.
I would highly recommend this great restaurant!

1  Thank Sbb1218