If its your first visit to the Cloister you will love it. However, long term guests regret policies instituted by new management. The room rates here have always been high, but the quality of the resort and the gracious servce justified these prices. Annoyingly, the new management has instituted a range of new charges that seem petty and are frankly annoying. A new charge for valet parking; new, nondisclosed "resort fees". In the past, staff were well compensated and there was a policy of no tipping. That has ended. And, again, if you are visiting for the first time, you will simply accept that this is how it is done most places. But the Cloister was never "most places". Regrettably, it has lost its unique Southern charm and could just be a Ritz, or Broadmoor on the beach. One other concern: it took months to have our final billing corrected. Hopefully, that is a temporary issue and the new management will get sorted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forbes Five-Star resort on the Georgia coast which offers five miles of private beach, fishing, three golf courses, kayaking, horseback riding, sailing, Forbes Five-Star spa, tennis and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cloister at Sea Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cloister At Sea Island Hotel Sea Island
- Cloister Resort Sea Island
- Cloister Sea Island
- The Cloister At Sea Island Georgia