“It was nice”

Holiday Inn Statesboro University Area
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The lobby was large and clean, it has a restaurant with a good menu (although I did not eat there), the room was very large and had great decor but they did have an old fashioned air conditioner... perhaps it was meant to be retro looking. I would have given it 4 stars if it was $15 less per night though.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Had to return unexpectedly for family emergency - they were very accommodating and the lady at the front desk was very nice. Rooms are clean but it had been a very busy weekend for the hotel and the rooms were not as clean as when we had previously stayed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed hear during SOAR at GSU and will definitely return often! I waited too long for our Aug trip and am so disappointed that it is full. Book early!
Very clean and modern. Friendly staff. Great Breakfast. Nice Pool. Best Location. What more do you want? My only negative are the beds. They are fine and comfortale enough but don't expect those super comfortable Serta mattresses like Hampton or others offer.
Other than that, all was so much better than expected! I will now look for other Holiday Inns in our travels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

In town to tour GSU with my daughter and was greeted with a friendly and helpful staff. Had not stayed in a Holiday Inn in years and was not expecting what we got. The outside is nice but does not do the inside justice. Everywhere was beautiful and clean. We had a room with two beds and it was huge. My stay was less that 24hrs and I wished it could have lasted longer. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank fstm
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Enjoyed upscale restaurant on site! Pool was refreshing! They have the best chocolate covered strawberries ever(my husband surprised me with)! Everything was great!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The good -

Good location
Good parking
Nice lobby
Friendly and helpful front desk
Lots of restaurants nearby
Grounds are very nice and well kept

Here is where it falls down -

Cheap, cheap building construction
Door handles falling off. They just swing around.
Bathroom door lock was broken and trapped a person inside
The mattresses were low quality
The mattress pad did not fit and would not stay on the bed
The pillow cases were about 8 inches too short and kept falling off
The maids were loud in the morning
There was noise at night from the adjoining room. Midnight and the party was on!

It is too bad that such a new hotel has so many problems.

Be sure to take a pillow with you when you go to the bathroom in case you get locked inside.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Although I regularly stay at Holiday Inn properties and am generally 'satisfied", this property represents a standard to which all others, including Express, ought to aspire.

The property is immaculately clean and well maintained. I heartily commend Local management's decision to have the property SMOKE FREE, and while I recognize that Holiday Inn is European owned where I guess there is greater tolerance of the addiction, I know that Holiday Inn would be higher on my list if the chain were to adopt such policy. My preferred chain is Marriott and be it assured their chain wide all brands smoke free policy is why they are there.

The restaurant is exceptional and I'm glad that management, no doubt with the concurrence of Holiday Inn management sought out a chef and kitchen staff that was going to provide the patrons with a memorable experience rather than "the usual....' I have learned from my friends in the area that this restaurant is a 'destination' restaurant and that those living in the area dine there by choice.

All told, an excellent property that I look forward to a return when my travel requirements next dictate.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business