“To die for”
Review of Empson's Cafe

Empson's Cafe
Ranked #45 of 129 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We enjoy the deli sandwiches. I have had the corned beef, ham and tuna sandwiches. My wife always gets the pastrami sandwich. The soups are a good addition to the meal. It is a small place so don't plan on sitting down if you get there around noon.

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure this is a Jewish deli & most menu items are prepared fresh & from scratch daily. Freshly made soup, sandwiches, and salads are fresh made to order & there are daily & seasonal specials that will appeal to most everyone. The classic reuben is my FAV & the sandwich I recommend to everyone. It is also available made with turkey. It is heaven on bread! Enjoy!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

The staff is so rude!!! I really enjoy the food from this deli, the bread is soft, the meat and veggies are fresh. The only downside is having to deal with the rude staff.. I don't understand it, if you don't want to be here leave! They got my order wrong and instead of fixing me a new sandwich, the simply proceeded to take the wrong ingredients off... Uhm no. That's disgusting. When I said something about making a new sandwich, she looked at me with this blank expression, rolled her eyes , and then mumbled something under her breath! Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be back. It's a shame too because I really love the food..

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I wanted a sandwich for lunch decided to bypass the chains. I had the classic Rueben. It was pretty good. They also have a couple of soup choices. Sandwich made to order. In & out in about 8 minutes.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

The Fogle family will do you right every time. Sandwiches are delicious. Soups are made from scratch every day. Salads are also made to order. Pimento cheese, chicken, egg, and tuna salads are all homemade. The seafood bisque is available on Fridays and is to die for. Empson's is very popular with locals. Don't worry . . . The line moves quickly and many people are getting it to go, so there is almost always an empty table if you are dining in.