“Beautiful recently remodeled hotel with super staff!”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anniston, Alabama
“Beautiful recently remodeled hotel with super staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

This was our second stay at the Evergreen Resort and was even more enjoyable. They are in the process of remodeling the entire hotel. The front desk took a few extra minutes to find a newly finished room, overlooking the lake among other requests we had for location. Super, super friendly. They are a bit short-staffed and that hasn't changed since our first stay, but the wonderful attitude and service you receive makes up for it. Our room was GORGEOUS! We even got a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries since it was the weekend before Valentines.

The waterside restaurant has a wonderful breakfast buffet which was included in our $119 package - great price for a family of 4. PLEASE NOTE however that the dinner buffet is overpriced and not very good. We've eaten there twice now and while it was not bad, it certainly wasn't worth $25 a head.

The pools and fitness center are top notch, but the spa is a bit lacking. Again, not bad, just not worth the price you pay. Spend some time by the pool admiring the beautiful grounds instead.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tecomer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

First off let me say that I travel all over the United States very often and I always stay at 4 and 5 star hotels. This hotel at best I would give 2 stars. First off, they need to hire more staff. I called down to the lobby about 4 times in a row the first day and no one answered. Same happaned the second day. The second day there was no one at the lobby for a short period of time... I saw the girl walking around by the bathrooms. The hotel was so busy with people coming and going.... they need to hire a full staff!!! Second I vallet my car when we first got there... there was no bellman or vallet person to be found. We waited for like 20 min.... I just gave my keys to one of the girls at the front desk, because I didnt feel like waiting. The WORST thing was we went to eat at the bar/lounge downstairs, and there was MOLD on my bread from my burger! Thank god my Fiance saw it and told me before I bit into it. How Gross. We were go discusted we did not want to eat at that hotel at all anymore ever. Too bad there is no restaurants in Stone Mountain. The front desk manager apolized and gave us free buffets at the regular restaurant. Too bad the food was so discusting. I am allergic to down feathers. The hotel did not have a warm comforter, like a regular one without down. So i was freezing the first night. The second night we asked for more blankets. Thy had cigarette burns and holes in them. I had to use 3 of them to keep me warm. This place is gross. Do not come here. Most Marriotts are not like this!! The only good thing about this place was that it was in stone mountain. BAD FOOD & MOLD/BAD SERVICE/HOLES & CIGARETTE BURNS IN MY BLANKETS. AND IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO DOWN FEATHERS. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN THICK BEDDING.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel between Christmas and New Years Eve. We received the amazing rate of $99 per night with our annual Stone Mountain park memberships. The hotel lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas. The rooms were clean and modern. The housekeeping was perfect! The customer service was great as well. All employees we encountered were kind and helpful. The only problem we encountered was with the hotel restaurant, Stonewall Bar. We were warned by a waitress when we walked in that the kitchen was backed up. Two tables near us had been waiting over an hour for food. Needless to say, we left the Stone Mountain park area and were lucky enough to find Outback. I definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

I made reservations here as a surprise for my husband. The reservation site gave me an option of check-in times and I chose noon. When we arrived, we were told check-in was at 4. So, we didn't get a room until around 2 despite what the website said.

Room was nice....patio gave us a nice lake and mountain view. The beds were comfortable.

Internet service is $16 for 24 hours and the internet was terrible. In a 20 minute period I had to re-login 9 times. I had the charges removed...and was told someone may come and check my computer but no one did.

We went to the lounge the first night and people in there were complaining about the slow food service. Since we were hungry, we went to the buffet instead. $25 per person and the food looked watery and bland. We left...went to the desk for suggestions and were told to order room service. That, however, was outrageously overpriced. Back to the lounge, and we were told to order a sandwich that would be served fast. Burger and Reuben were good but still pricey.

The second night when we went to the lounge, it was over run with children.. Screaming babies and toddlers were all over the place.

This is supposed to be a resort and convention center....but there is really no "adult only" places for those of us without kids to enjoy. I love kids as much as the next person but they don't belong in a bar.

Overall, I think the price we paid to stay here was too expensive for what we got.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Medic2430
alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

We went for another one of their specials, 'Family GetAway' or something, through Stone Mountain Park. This is one of several times that we have taken advantage of this deal. I've taken teens and different family members and the hotel never fails to impress.
The service is impecable and everyone is so nice and helpful. "It's my pleasure," must be what the employees at the hotel and Stone Mountain Park are taught to say, but they truly act as if it is their pleasure to serve you.
The hotel is always clean and has been newly redecorated, even though I didn't notice that it needed it when we were there in September 2010.
The heated indoor and outdoor pools seem to be well maintained. We love to watch the children play in the pool from the firepits placed a very short distance away.
When the rooms were renovated, they must have placed new mattresses in the rooms. I'm all for new but, the old mattresses were so comfortable. Maybe these will be when they are not as new, but they still weren't bad at all, just kind of stiff.
This time we went to enjoy Christmas At Stone Mountain and Snow Mountain. We loved the Christmas Lights and Christmas Shows. It is wonderful that Christ has been left in the celebration and it's not called "Holiday at the Park." They have the most beautiful light displays I've ever seen.
All in all, no complaints. We had a great stay and a good time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sb36203
Toms River Nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

we were fortunate to have an opportunity to visit the country living fair held at stone mountain park outside of atlanta georgia. it was a great and wonderful experience. the park and fair were more then we expected, its not disney but is a quiet beautiful place to walkl ride cable cars to the top of the mountain and eat great georgia food. the fair is held in october and if you love top of the line crafts made by true artists it a "not to miss" event. we stayed at the larger hotel on the property the evergreen resort. it is not only beautiful but clean, great service super food and an attraction all by it self.
we cant rave about our stay here enough. its a little pricey but worth the extra dollars.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

We had a fabulous time here. Staff was super friendly and even upgraded our room! Buffet is magnificent. Try to buy the package that they offer that includes tickets to Stone Mountain and free buffet. Our weekend was fabulous. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#17 of 172 in Atlanta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,606 reviews

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!