“There are other seasonings than salt”

Cinco Mexican Cantina - Suwanee
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Station Center
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here occasionally for years. They were better when they first opened. Tonight we tried the new burrito bowls. I had the short rib bowl and it was extremely salty, small amount of meet, no veggies and mostly rice and sauce. Very disappointing. My husband had the steak bowl and while ok there was less meat then shown in then photo. The server was extremely slow. AND they changed their signature salsa which was delicious. Now it's just average. Chef needs to reevaluate their choices and seasonings.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I love this spot. It isnt that far from me so I use it for different reasons. I go for a late lunch business meeting. I don't feel rushed. We relax, handle business and may or may not order anything. I go for drinks alone time or during after work hours and enjoy small plates, drinks, people and lots of buzz. Couples' time is nice for a quick get away for me and hubby or family friendly with spacious booths for 6, mommy daddy plus 4 kids. Tables can be put together for large parties and outside dining is available. Little cute shops are a quick walk away in a very nice clean well manicured area. The food is delicious and the Mayan Margarita is to die for. Love it!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We arrived for our reservation through Open Table and since we arrived at different times, I sat at the bar and waited on the others. The bartender was great and efficient. Then when everyone arrived, we were shown to our table. It was taco night ($2 tacos) and $3 margaritas. I ordered tacos which were awful. The service was less than expected. Water was never refilled and once we were halfway through our meal, our checks were delivered and we never saw our waitress again after our checks were paid. The staff were sitting in the bar area most of the time we were there eating and socializing and then an employee started vacuuming about 8:30. It was just not what we had expected. On top of that, they CANCELLED our OPENTABLE reservation instead of showing we had appeared. We won't go back. This location needs some upgrading in staff and attentiveness.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This place use to be the best. I'm not sure what happened but the food has gone downhill and the service. Disappointed.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We have tried probably 6 or 7 times to eat at Cinco-Suwanee over the last few years. We LOVE the Cinco-Vickery but Suwanee does not compare. First it was a disappointment with the fish tacos, they were soupy and greasy. The Mgr gave us a certif to come back and try again. Same thing second time. This was a few years ago. We ate at Vickery a few months ago and had both the shrimp tacos and the ahi tacos. Excellent. The waiter also recommended a margarita (I had told him I had never found one at Cinco that was really good) He was spot on. Then THIS trip to Suwanee to order the same exact meal. The ahi was very good, but the fried shrimp were very greasy. The margarita was not the same. The waitress said they fixed 'their' same margarita differently. Which is strange as one restaurant should be able to duplicate what any other Cinco serves. She apologized that I didn't get what I was expecting and gave us 20% off. But we won't go back to Suwanee. They can't seem to get it all together.