“Good Food - Poor Service”

Cinco Mexican Cantina - Suwanee
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Station Center
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I gave them 3 stars because the food was good but the service alone would have gotten only 1 star. We went for happy hour so only had drinks and appetizers. The pork flatbread was really tasty and filling. Caution- the jalapeño poppers are spicier than the average popper but have good flavor. Do not order the pre-made margaritas. We sent them back and ordered the freshly made. There was a big difference! We had to call the server over every time and he would walk away before everyone made their requests. I asked him to put the all of the food on my bill and he ended up putting 2 apps on one persons bill and splitting the other two apps between two of us.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I went there for lunch on a Saturday. I had a great margarita and the steak burrito bowl. It was so good. Mine had a good amount of meat on it and seasoned just right. This was my 4th time here. They seldom disappoint !!! Good atmosphere, especially on Friday nights ! :-)

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I have been going to Cinco for several years. It has changed a lot in the past year - new management maybe? The menu has changed & so has the service. They are now serving hair in their food - not sure how that happened. I thought the staff are suppose to wear hair nets, but apparently not. The waitress was apologetic, but they should have given us the one meal at no charge, as there were 5 of us eating, while 1 had to wait on them to remake her meal.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here occasionally for years. They were better when they first opened. Tonight we tried the new burrito bowls. I had the short rib bowl and it was extremely salty, small amount of meet, no veggies and mostly rice and sauce. Very disappointing. My husband had the steak bowl and while ok there was less meat then shown in then photo. The server was extremely slow. AND they changed their signature salsa which was delicious. Now it's just average. Chef needs to reevaluate their choices and seasonings.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I love this spot. It isnt that far from me so I use it for different reasons. I go for a late lunch business meeting. I don't feel rushed. We relax, handle business and may or may not order anything. I go for drinks alone time or during after work hours and enjoy small plates, drinks, people and lots of buzz. Couples' time is nice for a quick get away for me and hubby or family friendly with spacious booths for 6, mommy daddy plus 4 kids. Tables can be put together for large parties and outside dining is available. Little cute shops are a quick walk away in a very nice clean well manicured area. The food is delicious and the Mayan Margarita is to die for. Love it!