US$94
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$51
US$185
The Paxton 1884(Thomasville)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$275
All reviewschristmas decorationsindoor poolnice amenitiesroom was cleanlate at nightbreakfast barsitting areaan overnight staywould definitely stay here againbreakfast was excellentunder constructionbiscuitsfitness centerdesk clerklobbyshifttrauma
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a quick trip to a golf tournament nearby. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk that appeared pleased to be there and serve guests. Check in was quick even though there was a wedding party in town and lots of activity. Our room was very clean and my wife pleased to see pillows marked 'Soft' and 'Firm'. My nose is quite sensitive to smells and I can't report any unpleasant odors. The only 'bad' remark was our son saying he wished there were glass elevators like the last hotel we stayed . . . lol. So if you're looking for glass elevators look elsewhere otherwise this is an excellent Holiday Inn Express (and I travel a LOT)! The pool is indoor and very clean without the overwhelming stench of chlorine, and just the right temperature. We even watched the sunset thru the large windows while swimming in the indoor pool, a refreshing surprise and nice way to wind down! Breakfast was ready and delicious promptly at 6:30am with staff again friendly. Our stay was short, but we felt like we were on a cruise ship.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Anytime we are in Thomasville we choose the Holiday Inn Express as our hotel. The rooms are clean and affordable. The hotel is always peaceful so you can get good rest. The staff is very friendly, especially the hostess for the breakfast which was hot, fresh and well replenished. We will be back again on the next trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2014

On the positive side, the rooms were large, comfortable, and clean. Great assortment of TV channels available. Unfortunately, the pool was closed for remodeling or something, so I was unable to take advantage of it. Small workout room had enough of the right equipment for a brief workout. Breakfast assortment was so-so, but always hot and delicious. (Of course the cinnamon rolls are always good!) The staff was always pleasant and greeting me every time I passed someone.

On the negative side, Government travelers should avoid here. They offer the GSA rates on the weekends only. Monday - Thursday my Government rate went up $6 more per night. I asked why the rate goes up on Mondays and was told "That's OUR Government rate." For a moment, I thought I was in another country. Stayed during the week for three weeks. Will look for another hotel that offers the US government rate throughout the stay when I return in July.

Bottom line...for a brief stay, this hotel is great. But only if you don't want or have to pay the GSA lodging rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Steve V,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet most of your expectations especially with our hotel staff and room accommodations.

It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our guests with our rates but instead provide options that make sense. Nevertheless, we always appreciate comments from our guests. We will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Once I found the hotel, it turned out to be great. For some reason, my GPS did not help me. Fortunately, I always print out directions when I am going somewhere in the country. I was actually attending my son's graduation and decided to check out Thomasville about 50 miles away from Tallahassee. I hit the right weekend. There was a veteran's celebration/parade Saturday. It was a special event since our soldiers were returning home from Iraq. I also checked out downtown shopping and dining. There were many options and all good. Back to the hotel... It was a very nice hotel. It looked brand new even though I understand it is about 9 years old. I had a large suite with king size bed on the third floor with a view of the wooded areas of town. Even though the hotel is located near a state highway, it was very quiet. The hotel had all the bells and whistles; however, the pool was closed for repairs. The breakfast was almost buffet style with plenty of hot and cold foods to select. The service was great and gracious. This is one of the better hotels in a great historical location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Appeared to be a new property, everything was fresh and clean. The rooms were spacious with a flat screen TV, microwave and small refrigerator. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jchalmer
Kavita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.
Kavita Thakoor