“Nice place, watch for bugs”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Thomasville
Reviewed 14 December 2014

The room overall is nice, decorated nicely. I was here for a conference and was fairly close to that so it was convenient. Not much within walking distance otherwise. Wi-Fi never did work for me and staff were unable to figure out why it didn't work. The first night I killed two roaches in the bathroom, when I pulled the shower curtain in the morning found a used cake of soap and wrapper, the next morning I had two roaches run out of my travel bag. Staff seemed concerned and said the room would be sprayed when I left in the morning. Not that I was going to use, but the pool seems to have been down for awhile.

Room Tip: Next to the ice machine is a noisy spot
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

Dear NP1_59520,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked the rooms nicely decorated. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the WIFI connection and room cleanliness. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P

Reviewed 16 November 2014

RUDE man at front desk. We arrived at 12:45 pm on a Friday there was 2 cars in the parking lot so we thought for sure a room would be ready for us. We whet into the lobby to check in , front desk rude man said check in isn't til 2:00pm he made us wait til 2:00 pm and gave us room 300. top floor furthest from the elevator. not a soul in the place, I didn't see or hear anybody else in the hotel for 2 nights. he could of easily gave us a room near the pool or lobby. its like he was having a bad day and wanted to punish us for try to check in early. after driving 7 hours with 2 kids we all just want to put our bags in our room and put our feet up for a while.The pool looked nice but couldn't get in with my room key after 4 attempts over the course of 2 days i gave up. i had trouble getting into my room with my room key but i was to afraid to ask for help from the rude staff. mean rude lady during check out to. We didn't complain about anything or act nasty. totally uncalled for rude acting people. one nice lady doing the breakfast thing. And they charged us $20.00 more than what we were quoted on the phone.mid Nov. 2014

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yogi113
Kavita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced at the front desk with the staff. I have discussed the matter with the two front desk clerk that didn't check you in on a timely manner and didn't respond to your needs. Please do give us another chance to mend our mistakes and make you next stay a pleasnt one.

Kavita Thakoor

Reviewed 16 November 2014

My family stayed Friday and Saturday night. With kids we were really looking forward to the heated indoor pool. The heater was not working so it was ice cold. The staff sent us to a neighboring hotel whose pool was working, but we definitely lost the convenience of being able to go from our room to the pool, plus we had to go into the cold and then drive to the other hotel every time we wanted to swim. There is no elliptical in the workout room, and our bed was broken and sank. The pancake machine was broken as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast lady was especially kind. I just expect things to be working and in order, especially when paying over $100 a night for a room.

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank ElisabethAnne14

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with the comforts of a good stay. We have gotten the pancake machine fixed and the key card issue fixed. As of now, we are working to fix the pool. I have passed to the owners of getting a elliptical machine whenever they decide to renovate the fitness center area. I do hope that you would consider to give us one more chance to make your future stay a great stay.

Kavita Thakoor

Reviewed 5 November 2014

When we arrived we had to go to the front desk to get tissues and Toilet Tissue for our room. We were visiting the Expo in Moultrie GA and had rented the room for two nights. When we returned that afternoon at approximately 6pm the room was just as we left it except, the two bath towels we used that morning was gone. No soap or anything was replaced, the beds not made and everything was just as we left it. Of course they didn't forget the $333.00 rate for the room. The worst service I have ever had at a hotel and I have stayed in quite a few. WE did complain that evening and the following morning to no avail.

Room Tip: Service is terrible
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thomlj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

Dear thomlj,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with the service you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed 11 October 2014 via mobile

Spent a few nights there room are nice and clean staff is helpful.I asked who delivers food only pizza.you need to order early stop delivering early but the staff will you some good advice for dinner but over was a nice stay

• Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years for FSU home games. While having breakfast we noticed a heavy set man with his 2 small children, spouse and mother/mother in law. His gun was under his t-shirt but was visible multiple times when he leaned over. When we mentioned it to the front desk clerk she didn't know what to do. The guests also left straight from breakfast having already packed their car. We are seriously considering looking for a new place to stay, it was not a comfortable feeling to be at breakfast that morning!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhotoJackie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thomasville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Dear PhotoJackie,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. The safety and security of our guests is of utmost concern to us. We have addressed the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed here while my daughter was in the hospital. It was an unexpected visit and I checked in late at night. I was weary from being at the ER from 7AM until 10PM. This hotel was perfect and the staff outstanding. Just what I needed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo