“Great food but VERY RUDE BARTENDER!!!!”
Review of Wind Rose Cafe

Wind Rose Cafe
Ranked #31 of 55 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I went to go pick up an order that I placed and when I got there the bartender (which was an older lady) asked how I was I said fine and that I was there to pick up a to go order and she rudely commented back "well I'm doing fine thanks for asking" This has not been the only time this has happened. Last week I had called for 3 hours to place an order and could not get thru to anyone and when she finally answered (the same lady as today) she claimed she was to busy to answer the phone. Excuse me you're a resturant it should not take 3 hours to answer the phone. She could have answered and politely said I'm very busy could you please hold. Other than that the food is amazing!!!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Small, shotgun bar along the main beach street in Tybee. It was before noon and the bar was already packed. We opted for their lunch of ham, collard greens and blackeyed peas (it was New Years Day). The food was good. The service could not have been friendlier. If we had the time, we would have come back later to have a cold one with the regulars.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We go to Windrose every time we are in Tybee. Food and service always great. They have great daily specials and burgers!!!

1  Thank Ksquared843
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Spent the day at the beach and went looking for a place to have a decent meal. Opened my TripAdvisor app and looked for places that were close to me. This one was the top rated one within a quick walk. Just as we got to the door a young woman in a bathing suit walked out. She said "Good food. Good booze." So we went in.

The woman behind the bar was pleasant and quickly got us our drinks and took our order. My wife ordered the French Dip (a special) and I ordered the Crabcake platter.

When our food arrived all looked good. Being originally from Maryland, I do know a thing or two about crabcakes. These (2) were just slightly smaller than a Fuddruckers burger patty and they were very well seasoned and very tasty. I would rank them in my top 5 favorite crabcakes. My wife also enjoyed her French Dip. The bartender was always at the ready with a refill of our drinks or an extra sauce if needed.

We certainly enjoyed our meal and would definitely return again the next time we come to the beach at Tybee.

My only (very minor) complaint is that this is a bar, not a regular restaurant, so smoking is still allowed inside. I smelled it when I walked in, but it did not bother us as we sat at the far end of the bar and the place was not very busy.

So nevermind the smoke, just enjoy the food. It's worth it and the prices were reasonable as well.

1  Thank cbozman
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Loved this place... Food and drinks were good... Atmosphere was also good.. Service was excellent.. Thanks.

1  Thank Adenisa