“Awesome”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dunewalk to the Beach
more of what you can see
and to the east ...
Play Time
More play
Sightseeing
and ... quiet time
Beauty ... everywhere
Gorgeous !
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Suzeanna
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I would only rate this place 2.5 if I could. Below "Average" but above "Poor". If I had brought a can of silicone spray with me, I could have bumped it up to "Average".

After the long drive from Charlotte via Pinehurst, we were excited to arrive and get settled in, but the key box was impossible to open. After several frustrating minutes, a nice guy happened by and helped us get the thing open, and it took him a while Then we discovered we had to drag everything up about 10 steps to get to the elevator, then go through 2 sets of heavy doors and down 2 long, hot corridors to get to the condo. Not a luggage cart or even a grocery cart in sight to make the job easier, either. The front door deadbolt and doorknob locks were difficult, too, each and every time we unlocked them. Finally settled for locking only the door knob when we would go out. The sliding glass door to the deck was stubborn and wanted to go off it's track. It would only open about 15", just enough for us to get through. There was no sliding screen door.

Apparently, the unit above us was occupied by a herd of elephants and they stomped around up there relentlessly well into the wee hours the first night. The next day they got pretty loud and my sleep-deprived companion bellowed at them a couple of times before they simmered down.

There are 2 yellow tour boats with unbelievably loud motors that pass close in front of the condo about twice an hour all day long and we could hear the tour guides talking non-stop on loudspeakers. We could always hear them long before they appeared and long after they left. Once they stopped right out front and sat there for about 30 minutes because a shrimp boat was anchored there. Those loud motors were running and the loudspeakers blasting the whole time. How rude! Gave me a headache.

The view is lovely. Beach access is easy and walks on the beach in the evening were great. South Beach was an absolute zoo on Saturday afternoon, so we limited our excursions to North Beach and Savannah. There's a decent pizza place nearby, nothing fancy, but good. Coco's Seafood was awesome. We had read rave reviews about Sundae's in South Beach, but lunch there on Saturday did not impress. My crab cake sandwich was mushy instead of crispy. My companion's sandwich came on wheat instead of white and it took them 10-15 minutes to correct that. My cold Yuengling was the best part of the meal.

When we were packing the car to leave, we parked at the beach end of the building and brought everything down two flights of steps. Still took a lot of trips down and back up, but it was way better than hauling it all back through those two long, hot corridors to the elevator and then down those steps at the other end.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The shower
Liked least: The locks and the sliding door
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Franklin, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

10 Jun 2016
Hi Jackie,
You really must come back during the full moon ! Thank you for being such wonderful guests. Our north beach area is definitely the best location for folks who are looking for R&R. It's almost as though we have a private beach at times. I'll be happy to have you come stay with us again.
Best wishes,
Clayton, Georgia
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

4 May 2016
WOW .... I need to ask you to write the description of SunKissed for my ad. Thank you so much. You really gave a great description of the location, which can only be appreciated by guests who value a little more privacy. I'm so glad you enjoyed SunKissed. I will be looking for your October return.
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

30 Oct 2015
Hey Ellen,
What a great looking couple you are ! I'm so happy you enjoyed SunKissed. As you know, I'm remodeling the bathroom next month so it will have all new tile and fixtures when you return. There will be a larger TV and a couple of other changes. I try to keep it updated and comfortable. No .... I won't be touching the spa sprayers. LOL I will look forward to your return.
Indiana
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

7 Oct 2015
And, I can't wait for your return. You were such wonderful guests ! I appreciate the care you gave the condo. It really is a great location within the complex to have peace and quiet when you want it.
Thank you for taking the time to review SunKissed.
Best regards,
Tennessee
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

25 Aug 2015
Jeannie and Mario,
Thank you for such a nice review. I'm happy you were pleased with SunKissed.

I look forward to your next trip! Fall is great on Tybee !

Patti
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing