New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“THIEVES!! RUDE, CRUDE, DISRESPECTFUL MANAGEMENT, AND A THIEVING MAID!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport

Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Union City
atlanta
“THIEVES!! RUDE, CRUDE, DISRESPECTFUL MANAGEMENT, AND A THIEVING MAID!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I left the room for a moment with my 14 year old in the room. The maid entered the room was told to leave and REFUSED!! My daughter was in her panties. The maid left the door wide open, opened the blinds, and while my daughter was desperately trying to find some pants, the maid stole $50 sitting on the counter. The maid removed the trash from the room purposefully throwing away my children's toys, THEN she had the NERVE to leave the sheets on the bed telling my daughter to tell ME to change them. My daughter called me and while my daughter was on the phone with me, the maid SNATCHED the phone from her to tell me her name. When I told management on duty the manager had the NERVE to tell me he OVER RULED my daughter's request for the maid to leave!! HOW RUDE!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TheAuroraSunshine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

My husband stayed at this hotel Jan 11,2011 in room 306 and got bedbugs! The front desk denied everything. Do not book this hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank okrastagal
Union City, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel and my brand new labtop was stolen. The owner NEVER CALL and had front dest clerks talking to me. The only thing they could say is the owner is the only one that can watch the video tapes, but he NEVER CALLED i stay their one july 6th and today is the 11th. I just thought if your a manager or own a property especially in the hotel industry you would want to please customers but this hotel owner have not call to even say he could do something or at least watch the video tape. show some type concern I understand things happen but when your spending money to stay a hotels the owner should care about their customers.

• Stayed July 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nikki54
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

I booked this hotel for my wife and I two weeks ago and requested a room away from the elevator, we checked in around 7 PM and the clerk put us right across the hall from the elevator. Went back down to complain and he said there was nothing he could do because all the non smoking rooms were booked and hotel was almost full. The parking lot had maybe twelve cars in the lot. Anyway we went back up to the room and found and bad odor like human urine in the room, could not really smell it till you laid in the bed, I'll let your imagination do the rest. Found a big spot on the carpet that could have been it but I wasn't going to get down there and smell it. Found mold growing inside the coffee maker and old food crumbs and stains inside the small fridge. Mold and mildew was growing on the curtains. The sink in the bathroom was cracked and barley staying in place as was the faucet. I went down to see the manager the next morning and told her about all the problems and all she could say was I will let the manager know. They would not even compensate us for the crappy stay we had. Needless to say these people should have stayed in the 7 eleven business because they have no sense of customer service. If are reading this please take my advice and spend a few extra dollars and stay American where you can get decent customer service because you won't with those people. Oh before I forget when I went down to the lobby I found the maid asleep in the chair next to the fireplace, these people at this hotel are not professionals and never will be, all they care about is the almighty dollar and not the customer. Also the breakfast they put out was pathetic, it consisted of a few stale muffins and pastries with bad coffee.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bubba5365
sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2010

First off I would like to say this is the smallest queen size bed I have ever seen in my life (room 222). My sister came out of her room yesterday my sister came out of her room (208) and asked for towels. The lady that was cleaning rooms at the end of the hall told her that she had to go down to the front desk because she wasn’t assigned that room. My sister went down to the front desk which was completely unnecessary and asked for towels. They told her that there was someone on her floor cleaning. My sister told them that the lady wouldn’t give her any. They told her that someone would bring some up to the room. When the lady brought up the towels, my sister asked her for face towels. She was told that they were all in the wash someone would bring them up. How is it possible to have every face towel in this building in the wash? They never arrived. My sister and my mother had to leave to make it my aunt’s funeral in time. When we finally got back to the hotel at 1am 24 January, their room was not clean. At the front desk we were told that they told their room was not clean. At the front desk we were told that they told your staff that they didn’t want it cleaned, which is just ridiculous. The night auditor said that all he could tell me is what was written down which I understand completely. He asked what I wanted him to do about the situation. I told him I wanted him to fix it. He said that he couldn’t clean rooms because he is the only one here which again I understand. He said that I could talk to the manager tomorrow, which I intend to do. I have never stayed in your hotel before and I never will again. This visit was an epic failure. The customer service on the part of your cleaning service was horrible. I feel like I wasted my money.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank dontdoit3
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

I missed my connecting flight at ATL due to severe weather. The airport was pandemoneum, but at the help desk one could scan the (now useless) boarding pass and be given a new one for the next day plus a certificate offering a room at the Microtel for $50. It sounded better than sleeping in the terminal.

The shuttle driver had vouchers for $42, but that would only buy a smoking room, so I stuck with the nonsmoking room for $50. It was basic and clean. The bed was not good quality, but the sheets were clean and ironed. There were numerous long haul trucks outside, so truckers must find this place a step up from their bunks.

There are several fast food places within walking distance, but none will serve people on foot after 9:00 at night, only drive-through and they won't let you walk up to the window for some bizarre reason. (Are criminals on foot more dangerous than those in vehicles?). For those wanting it, there is heated pizza in the lobby for purchase. The breakfast was mediocre and picked over by people who appeared to be permanent residents.

The hotel served its purpose. The shuttle was convenient and fast, the hotel no more or less than it claimed to be. It offers a lot of value for $50.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Charlotte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2007

I've stayed at this location several times, but always because it was the last resort. The staff is rude and not friendly at all -- not friendly at check-in or check-out, its just a job to them. The rooms are overall nice and clean, but it was just a pain to have to view the television at an angle, for the fact that the televisions are anchored from the ceiling. Free internet access is provided and the parking lot is well-lit. I HAVE NEVER paid the same price out of the three times I have stayed at this hotel; I think the staff throws out a quote just for the heck of it, or depending on their mood for the day. However, one night's stay is always going to be between $50 - $60 dollars. The "$34.95 per night" price quote is indeed not for one night, but is a daily rate for a week, which equals false advertisement. Even though hotel is overall nice and clean, just because of the attitude of the staff, I would recommend staying somewhere else because they obviously do not appreciate their customer's business.

• Liked — internet access
  • Disliked — rude and unfriendly staff
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank KJG0813
5.1 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fairburn-Atlanta Southwest
12.0 km away
Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale

Been to Stay Express Inn & Suites Union City Near Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!