“Sunday dinner”

GG's Southern Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 275 Restaurants in Valdosta
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

GG's food is very good. I always get fried pork chops. GG season them just right. The fried chicken is very good also. My granddaughter feel in love with the meatloaf. That was her first time eating meatloaf. Lemonade and cakes are to die for. I would recommend GG's for good southern food.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

We tend to like to try mom and pop places in lieu of the big box Cracker Barrel places, and very glad we found this little gem. Just off I 75.
We were warmly welcomed, &seated quickly.
Drink orders of sweet tea were quickly delivered. We both chose meatloaf, Mac and cheese. And fried okra. Everything was sooo good! Okra was freshly breaded, not the frozen variety. Max and cheese definitely home made and cheesy. Meatloaf like moms❤️
We’ll be back next time when we’re traveling through Valdosta!

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Best fried chicken we’ve ever had. Okra was excellent as well. Everything was great...until I asked for a side order of collard greens and the waitress told me they were out. Ok. But then we see her taking 2-3 orders of greens to other customers. Sort of felt like reverse discrimination in a strange way. I was all gung ho on rating everything about this place with glowing reviews.....now I’m left with a bitter taste in my mouth instead of yummy collard greens.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We were driving from Chattanooga to Orlando and took a 2 mile detour from I-75 to this wonderful diner. Service was very good and our meals were excellent. Loved the butter beans, cornbread and collards with the crispy fried chicken. Many other items to try next time plus daily specials. People in Valdosta are lucky to have this gem.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

We were traveling through Valdosta on our way home to Cape Coral,FL and checked Trip advisor for a place to eat. GG's had excellent ratings so my wife and I wanted to give it a try. We were greeted by the owner when we first walked in, he visited with us briefly and seated us in a comfortable booth. We were then greeted by our waitress, Shanik, who promptly took our drink orders and made menu suggestions. We ordered meatloaf, and smothered pork chops, with may I add real mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. Both of which were out of this world. The portions are very generous, but I had to try the homemade peach cobbler with ice cream. Gail the other owner came by and thanked us for choosing their restaurant. Shanik made sure our drinks were always full and even offered a drink to go. If you like great food at a great price and don't mind special attention, GG's is the place to eat!!! We will be back.

Date of visit: September 2018