“Is CB Slipping?”

Cracker Barrel Old Country
Ranked #36 of 269 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 5, 2018

We had a nice server (Lexi), but a bit of an issue with our food. The hash brown casserole was not served with our meal because, as we were told, "It's not ready, but it will be right out." Well, that is a relative term. When we got it, just as we were halfway done eating our meal, we could immediately smell the strong odor of onions. When I sampled it I told my wife, "It's REALLY strong with onion!". She took one bite and put it aside (she does not do well with onions). I ate mine because 1. I was hungry, 2. I was paying for it, and 3. I'm OK with onions. What I wasn't too keen about, however, was that this didn't taste like it was all the way cooked. Hmmm.

But then the really disturbing happened: When the cashier asked if our meal and service was OK, I told her about the HBC. She showed no empathy at all, and asked if I wanted to talk to a manager. I said, "No, you asked, so I'm talking to you. I assume you will pass it on.". Somehow, though, I don't think she really cared.

Never quite had this experience before at a CB, one of our (usually) favorite places to eat.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Ate here with friends. Exceptionally slow service. Multiple menu items not a CD available. Over forty minutes before food arrived. No apology. Only then did server tell us that they did not have catfish. Minimal contact with server. Other parties arrived, ate, and left while we were waiting for food. Very disappointing.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

We received very poor customer service from Cracker Barrel on 5700 Redlands RD NW in Albuquerque, NM on 10/5/18. The phone order was $37.92 and we were told that it will be ready in 15-20 minutes. It took us additional 45 minutes after we paid before we got the food. We were about to give up when the store manager came out with the food. At that time we ask if we can get some discount due to the long way. Kevin rudely said we don't do discount. So we ask for our money back and still have to wait another 15 minutes before he stormed out and refund our money. Very poor customer service. One of the employee suggested that we filed a complaint to Ms. Amy. The cashier even stated that Ms. Amy would have give you guys free take out since you have to wait so long.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

What can you say other than they are consistent at every location I have visited. Great service, great food, great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

I would say our visit was a disappointment because of our server-bless her heart- she was new and hadn't earned any stars yet- and I'm not really sure waitressing is going to be her 'thing'. She was very forgetful- and mostly unaware of the menu. She even admitted that she didn't eat at Cracker Barrel so she didn't know some answers to some of our questions. Beyond that, the food wasn't good. Our biscuits- which she finally brought out at the end of the meal- were hard and dry. Our soups were cold. She forgot some things we ordered. We needed a 'to-go' bowl for the soup- she said they were out and just brought a regular container- one not made for soup. It was just not the usual quality we are used to getting at other CBs. We definitely won't be going back to this one. It may be a luck of the draw kind of CB...but I am use to consistent goodness when I usually dine there. It was our worst visit ever! As a side note, just because you have a great biscuit...not everything should be made with biscuit batter.

Date of visit: September 2018