“Still the same”

Wooden Nickel Pub
Ranked #107 of 261 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 21, 2017

After being gone for almost 15 years we knew we had to go back to Wooden Nickel while in town. The fried mushrooms are still the same - delicious. The service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Several friends went to eat there after one of them graduated from college. It was a sweet friend, a mom, a wife, & she also works Monday/ Friday so it was time to celebrate. Good food, great service, reasonable prices. Would & will go again

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

Now I remember why it has been several years since I/we have been here. Food ranked between incredibly average and just plain bad. Burgers tasted like cardboard, nachos were nasty (really nasty!) and the chicken salad was said to be "not so good". I doubt that we'll ever be back!

Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

The food is good. I love getting the fried mushrooms and they even do trivia night at 730 pm on Thursday. But the one thing that really angers me is when I see servers not following Servsafe guidelines. Our server set food down on the table and walked away. He came back when he realized the order was wrong and then served it to someone else. He even asked "are you mad at me now?" Do not re-serve even unused menu items!

Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

After too long without visiting, stopped in for lunch. Service was quick with a great server offering suggestions. I had the salmon salad and it was really good. A generous portion with ripe tomatoes and two types of croutons. Fried mushrooms were as good as I remembered.