“Waste of my time”

Wooden Nickel Pub
Ranked #104 of 257 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Wooden Nickle had been a family favorite of ours for years, but recently the food quality had been low. Meals were put together poorly and the drinks were not as good. However my past visit was the last time I would walk into the building. We were seated immediately and waited to get a drink order. However, that did not come and we sat around for about ten minutes without service before leaving. I could understand if they were busy, but servers were standing around. Will not return

Reviewed June 21, 2017

After being gone for almost 15 years we knew we had to go back to Wooden Nickel while in town. The fried mushrooms are still the same - delicious. The service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Several friends went to eat there after one of them graduated from college. It was a sweet friend, a mom, a wife, & she also works Monday/ Friday so it was time to celebrate. Good food, great service, reasonable prices. Would & will go again

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

Now I remember why it has been several years since I/we have been here. Food ranked between incredibly average and just plain bad. Burgers tasted like cardboard, nachos were nasty (really nasty!) and the chicken salad was said to be "not so good". I doubt that we'll ever be back!

Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

The food is good. I love getting the fried mushrooms and they even do trivia night at 730 pm on Thursday. But the one thing that really angers me is when I see servers not following Servsafe guidelines. Our server set food down on the table and walked away. He came back when he realized the order was wrong and then served it to someone else. He even asked "are you mad at me now?" Do not re-serve even unused menu items!