“Classic”

Wooden Nickel Pub
Ranked #107 of 261 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 10, 2018

I loved my visit today at this classic Valdosta eatery. It's been quite a while since my last visit to the Wooden Nickel. In fact, my last meal was in the former location. Today was great. Service was quick and friendly, and the food was on point. Fried mushrooms? Yum. Glad I went today and hope to return sometime soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

Tried the Wooden Nickel for lunch today and was very disappointed. Atmosphere was nice and my waitress was good, but the food was awful. Had the Pork Sliders and they were extremely dry, almost like jerky dry and cold. Had the upcharged onion rings as my side and they also were cold. Overall this was a major bust for me and I would have a hard time recommending this place. Will not be back.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

For many years I have been a patron here. Always take my mom there for lunch when I visit Valdosta.
And today's gyro was great and so was our server Morgan.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Wooden Nickle had been a family favorite of ours for years, but recently the food quality had been low. Meals were put together poorly and the drinks were not as good. However my past visit was the last time I would walk into the building. We were seated immediately and waited to get a drink order. However, that did not come and we sat around for about ten minutes without service before leaving. I could understand if they were busy, but servers were standing around. Will not return

Reviewed June 21, 2017

After being gone for almost 15 years we knew we had to go back to Wooden Nickel while in town. The fried mushrooms are still the same - delicious. The service was friendly and quick.