“Eat the fried chicken”
Review of Mama June's

Mama June's
Ranked #34 of 269 Restaurants in Valdosta
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Don’t be distracted by all the other goodies...start with the little breast fried chicken ... lightly battered, tender and moist. So, reminded me of my Granny’s back in 1960s...maybe they use local,
fresh chicken?
Veggies are delicious especially the cream corn and peas. Real farm cooking.
Fried fish (bone and tail) was good.
Pork tenderloin with bbq sauce on side was excellent and tender.
Military drink price $1.29, kids drink .99.
Gave a 4 because...
Carpet really needs to be removed as it is beyond cleaning and smells to my sensitive nose.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Family meal following a trip to Wild Adventures on Friday 4/6/18.
THIS IS POSSIBLY THE CLEANEST BUFFET RESTAURANT I HAVE EVER ATE AT!
From the moment we walked in friendly hostess, waitress was very attentive to the children, items on the buffet looked fresh, tasted excellent, and were frequently replenished. fish & shrimp were always hot & fresh; low country boil was delicious; ribs were tender. Wife and kids VERY HAPPY with this dining experience. We thought the $60 total cost for a family of 5 was very affordable.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAMA JUNES!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I've been to this establishment twice. I enjoyed the food. There is a variety of things to choose from. To me, it's a little pricey.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

I went on Thanksgiving Day and couldn’t eat in as I was getting lunch for my bed-bound sister and myself. So I decided to do take-out as we had previously eaten the buffet on Thanksgiving and LOVED it. When I went to pay, they said to pay after I was finished fixing my meal, which should’ve been a tip-off, but I was so excited about eating that I went ahead and fixed our plates. When I was done, they took everything I had put into take-out plates and WEIGHED it! What should have been less than a $30.00 meal turned into a $45.00 meal. I was flabbergasted, but paid anyway and left because my sister was waiting on her Thanksgiving meal. In hindsight, I wish I had just told them to keep it! I will NEVER do that again. I could have eaten more staying in for LESS money than I took out for MORE money. That was a RIPOFF of cosmic proportion!!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Dee A
Reviewed November 17, 2017

when you walk in there are just so many options that you're head is on constant swivel from all the different options, and yes if you leave hungry its your own fault because you can't leave without finding at least one thing that you will love. I even found i guess the closest would be salisbury steak with onions and mashed potatoes and it was delicious and the lima beans with rice was so good and let no skip the greens and cabbage which should not be missed. I am all about the vegetables when i go to a buffet AND these should not be missed. I will be back much, much later in the year because I know i can find something else to enjoy later! My last word would be to not skip this jewel and get there early because they fill up quickly!

Date of visit: November 2017