US$90
US$71
ComfortInn
US$72
US$62
Econo Lodge(Villa Rica)(Great Value!)
US$64
Royal Inn(Douglasville)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$75
US$65
All reviewsscreened in porchget awaygolf coursegated communityview of the lakesix flagssecurity gatewasher dryerother reviewsbeautiful areafishing lakefamily vacationbath unitstone mountain parkfireworks showtucked awayliving area
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My family and my sisters stayed during spring break 2011. The area was very quiet and had steep hills to reach our unit. The unit provided space and privacy for 4 adults and six children including a upstairs loft that felt like a treehouse. The area was a little further away from Atlanta than we would have liked 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on traffic. The decor has been updated since the pictures on this site.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank mtjcw1995
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We stayed @ Lake Tara III Townhouses right on the lake.I mean both decks right on the lake. It was tranquilize ing. So peaceful & relaxing. Our decor was nice & clean. I am a wyndham owner but we stayed @ the association III . The staff was great Ms. Charlotte & Ms. Rita. Their is a great Pizza place right before the front gate on the same road. I think the name is Ancovia like the vegetable. I messed up that name. The owner`s are great .We met the Lee`s there on their big boat & they took us all over the lake , beautiful.
This is a great place to relax .We were probably the noisest people, we had our music on the deck day & night. No one called in on us.You can see the bottom of the lake it`s so clean. I`m going back in 2010 if God`s willing. Thr Ratliff`s from Tenn.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank preacherlady
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Just got back form 2 nights here. It was a bit difficult to find, as it is tucked away. We did follow the directions given by Wyndham as you don't want to take any other way. The resort is tucked within a community in the woods on a lake. Once we checked into our condo, we were incredibly surprised at how spacious and updated it was. We have stayed in presidential suits before many times within Wyndham, and this was not considered presidential, however, it sure felt like it. The condo was 2 bedroom plus. It had a loft with 2 single beds, a master with a king and a bathroom and a screened in balcony. Also another room with a queen, a screened in balcony and a bathroom. The living area was ginormous with a beatufiul fireplace. The best part was all the beautiful plantation shutters on every window in the unit.

We enjoyed the beach with the kids. It was nice as they had a snack bar there and public restrooms as well as a covered pavillion with tables and chairs. The pools were all great. We spent most of our time at the country club pool seeing as how my husband was coming off the golf course and we even ordered lunch there and ate it by the pool.

Going to town was a hike, but not too bad. We ate at Ryan's steakhouse one night and ate like pigs for really cheap (nothing spectacular but just wholesome food).

It is an extremely peaceful community. We are currently living in Atlanta, so we went here to get away from Atlanta, and so for us, this was perfect. For some who like being on the go while on vacation, this may not be the place to go. Great place to read and relax.

The only negatives we have are that there really was no view of the lake for us. I think there are about 4 units only that have a view, but still we liked it as we were tucked in the woods and almost had a "camping" feel to it. Also, the unit was difficult to maintain an even temperature throughout it as a lot of heat was stuck in the loft and as much as we tried to cool it down, it only made the rest of the unit more like a freezer, and the loft was still hot.

We will definitely be going back to relax!!!!!! enjoy

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
9  Thank luv2ash
Reviewed April 22, 2008

We stayed at this resort spring break ( mistake #1). We were looking for a comfortable relaxing getaway with no crowds. That's what we got for the most part but it was alittle to quiet. There was absolutely nothing to do at this resort. The beach was almost non existant; the pool and recreation center were closed. I felt like we were invading on a private community instead of enjoying a resort. As the resort is located in the middle of a community. We had to drive >45 minutes to Atlanta or surrounding to get any form of entertainment. We went to Stone Mountain Park, MLK Civil Rights Musuem, Shopping and Six Flags. The resort itself has a very relaxing country type theme. I did enjoy the screened porch and lakes. The villa was clean, very large and had all the ammenities you would need. I guess it would be a good place to go with out small kids but we would not be going back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank rvkbless
Reviewed March 25, 2008

I'm a fairfield/Wyndam Owner. I had heard some negative things from other websites so i didn't know what to expect. But hey i enjoyed myself and would go back again. We went to Alabama which is 24 miles away and toured the race track it was great.The food was great to if you like mexican food try La salsa mexcian res. it's near arbor mall man it's worth the trip about 8 miles from the resort..It must be new because i could'nt find it on my gps.Also Try Shanes barbque it's really good. It's real quiet there you could hear a pin drop.After coming from the metro d.c area that was a relief. The people at villa rica are very friendly like all country people are.That's here i'm from the country so i fit right in..Need to say again and again i love this place and would go back today if i could..

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank bigmick684