Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
travel Guy
Vancouver, Washington

Great location BUT......

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 5, 2020
Years ago RICKOMN's started off as THE PLACE.....but a lot of drama took it off the PLACES TO GO chart and put it on the PLACES TO AVOID one. Over the years, time and the harsh environment of the ocean....it's located right on it! Have taken their toll on the place.....and it needs a total restoration and possible even a razing!
Capitol, like in most small seasonal locations is the BIG lacking factor.....so, many things are lacking, or not operational at all.
ALSO, the bugs there are horrific......so unfortunately that negates it's great location! that could be cured by some regular fogging, but again that requires money, and that's what is lacking.....A LOT OF IT.
Date of stay: April 2019
69.3 km from Rickmon Bonefish Lodge
6 rooms overlooking the pool
72.0 km from Rickmon Bonefish Lodge
View more hotels in Sandy Point
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Over several visits to Rickmon Lodge I have had many unforgettable high quality experiences.
From my first day blind casting into schools, to my last, stalking large singles onfoot, every
hookup was a rush of excitement, joy and wonder. On my most recent trip, Ricardo granted a secret wish. After landing my first 6 pound Bone, I was allowed to climb the platform of the
skiff. I spotted a large fish and successfully guided Ricardo to it!

One morning, due to a med I was taking, I had an allergic reaction to sunshine. Monique
marched me to the community clinic where the head nurse gave me a remedy that got
me out fishing that afternoon and through the week.

After a great evening meal of local family recipes, you can stroll down the beach to a friendly
bar, then amble back through the picturesque settlement of Sandy Point.

Room tip: Third floor rooms have fantastic views 300 degrees of horizon.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank fishugo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Four of us spent the past extended weekend at Rickmons for bonefishing. We had a terrific time for several reasons.
- The staff were fantastic, competent and fun
- The family style meals were really good with generous portions of Bahamian cuisine
- The guides were the best we have had in 8 yrs of bonefishing sorties in the Caribbean. They found enormous numbers of fish, were extremely engaging, and were helpful without being overbearing.
If you want a desitination for excellent bonefishing fishing, really good food, lodging that is comfortable without frills, and great staff and guides. I highly recommend Rickmon's.

Date of stay: April 2013