New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 3 Washington B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife and I just got back from a wonderful weekend at Southern Elegance. we purchased the romance package and it was excellent. The room was decorated beautifully and when we arrived, there were probably 30 candles, a cold bottle of champagne and a clean hot tub waiting for us. We were the only ones there and had the whole house to ourselves. Saturday morning was a made-to-order breakfast on our schedule followed by a very nice historical tour of the city. Saturday night's candle lit meal was top notch. I had a ribeye that Jeanne made a special trip to the butcher that day to get it fresh cut and my wife had the salmon which was stuffed with a crab stuffing. Jeanne gave us our privacy for a romantic dinner then joined us after a while for some interesting conversation. We were at the dining table till after 11:00pm! Another great breakfast Sunday morning and we were on our way. The place was very clean and Jeane's service is top notch. My wife and I highly recommend this SouthernElegance bed and breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Jeff C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Our stay at the Southern Elegance was the most relaxing time ever. This was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast. The room were very clean (spotless) and spacious. The beds and the linen on them were unbelievable. It made us want to stay in bed all day ( so we did). Jeanne and the staff made us feel like we family not guest. I can't wait to return this summer. If you are looking for a five star place at a affordable price. Southern Elegance will exceed your expectations.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room in the house...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2009

My wife and I rented the inn for our wedding and shared our weekend with our immediate family and close friends. We wanted something simple, tasteful, and elegant. We also wanted something affordable. Jeanne and her staff were absolutely amazing. They were the epitome of professional, and yet made us feel like close family! Jeanne and staff helped us with the specifics of the planning and took care of everything from the decorations to cake, flowers and music. We arrived on Friday in time to visit the courthouse for a marriage license, had dinner on the town square, and spent a wonderful night in a lovely room. The weekend was wonderful, we shopped and visited the town square and farmers market on Saturday morning and after lunch ventured back to the inn to nap comfortably before getting ready for the wedding. All we had to do was get dressed, Jeanne and the staff saw to EVERYTHING else. We were married in a very simple ceremony in the front garden, and enjoyed our first dance together on the front porch to "rainy night in Georgia" as the rains came down. We will always treasure our memories of that wonderful weekend; wistfully remember our delicious reception dinner, and the charm of the inn and its amazing staff. We can't wait to return to celebrate our anniversary!
Happy Kentucky couple

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank charmedwiththeinn
ATL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

We must say that the stay was just as good as the website. There was nothing left out at all!! From the rooms & cottage, to even the wonderful food that we enjoyed. Trust me people, if you have not yet experienced a B & B, make this your first!! Miss Jeanne, thank you for the wonderful kindness you showed to me & my wife. Your kindness is truly the definition of the "Southern Elegance"!! See ya soon!!

May God bless,

Trae & Jonah Davis

Stayed February 2008
3 Thank charlesdavislong
Fairfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

I visited Georgia for the first time this summer. I arrived early in the afternoon and was greeted promptly and shown to my room. I took a long bath in one of the jacuzzi style bath tubs. After which I intended to take a two hour nap but ended up resting so peacefully I didn't wake up until late the next morning. The grounds are absolutely beautiful with several hiding spots to enjoy an afternoon nap or quiet time just to read. The inside is decorated to perfection down to the smallest detail. The owner was present during my entire stay and made sure every request was filled promptly. This bed and breakfast is the perfect place for a quiet get-away.

• Liked — The food.
  • Stayed June 2007
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Sugarbear73
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2007

My husband and I are Pastors. A few of our members decided we needed a rest. They sent us to this wonderful Bed & Breakfast in Washington, Ga. It was outstanding. The atmosphere was peaceful and the hospitality was remarkable.
We have made this our home away from home.

Thanks Ms. Jeanne/Southern Elegance Bed & Breakfast
We Love You!!!
Pastors Mark & Stephanie

• Liked — hospitality
  • Disliked — It was time to leave
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank soulscoming
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2007

My wife and I spent 5 nights in the California Suite during the Masters. The town of Washington is so beautiful and historic with its vast array of antebellum homes, and served as a peaceful respite from the Augusta traffic. But Jeanne and her staff at Southern Elegance really made our stay. The accomodations and hospitality were outstanding, and the breakfasts were hearty and delicious. We would not hesitate to stay there again should we be fortunate enough to return. Highly recommended!!

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank docz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
2.6 km away
33.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Thomson

Been to Southern Elegance Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!