“A truly beautiful resort, inside and out!”

Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Brasstown Valley Resort just for a little getaway. The Resort is gorgeous... with beautiful views of the Georgia mountains and spectacular landscaping. The Lobby is an open floor plan with a huge fireplace and lots of windows to take in the view. There are several outdoor sitting areas... some with porch swings and others with rocking chairs. The rooms are a nice size and ours also had a gas fireplace (very romantic). The buffet breakfast is very good and a good value. They have a nice gift shop with a wide variety of merchandise. Everyone we encountered there were very friendly and helpful. We have plans to go back in September for a long weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for your review! As a senior reviewer your kind words mean alot. We agre that we have a beautiful property and look forward to seeing you again in September!

There are newer reviews for Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Ok, I have been bombarded lately with coupon offers in my email. I'm always looking for a travel bargain right? I was sent one for Brasstown Valley tResort (BVR) in Young Harris Ga. Awesome mountain views and wonderful service. Our package included 1 night (Mon-Thurs) lodging, 2 buffet breakfasts, and 2 "activities" (we chose 1 round of golf (me) and a 2 hour horse trail ride (wife). We arrived on a Thurs afternoon around 4. Checked in, nice room with view of mountain range (asked for balcony room for $30 upgrade but property sold out for a few conventions). Room was nice with gas fireplace. Very clean with comfy bed, clean bathroom w/coffee maker. Did not dine on property for dinner but heard from my golfing partner that it was quite good. Nice lounge downstairs with clientele aged from 21 (kids from local college) to 75. Good mix as all were just having a nice evening in the bar together. Really cool. Breakfast was very good. Typical buffet including the usuals plus made to order omelette bar. Off to golf. Very challenging mountain course with nice views and well maintained. Well run. Then to stables to pick up wife. She enjoyed the ride. She's pretty experienced but said that the trail ride was just fine for her. Very scenic (she said AJ was awesome).I'm a native "Atlantain" but had never heard of this place. It is really a hidden gem. Not wanting to let the whole world in on our secret but as a courtesy to the property, I needed to share our experience. Shuuuussh. I never told you! We were home in 1.30 hours! Ga is such a great place. Mountains, oceans and in between all within 4-5 hours from Atl.We will go back and will tell our friends all about our visit. All staff was extremely friendly. Well done!!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank BJandAndi

Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. I will pasyou comments on to AJ as well. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests and from what you wrote he delivered! I also am glad you found us and that you plan to stay with us in the future. Ye call ourselves the Hidden Gem of the North Georgia Mountains so it was funny to read that you called us the same thing!! Again thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We went to stay for a couple of my friends getting married. We all enjoyed the visit. I would guess 50+ people all felt the same way. No one had a complaint. Very nice staff. friendly and you can tell they enjoyed their jobs and loved to be there for the guest.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael W

Thank you for your kind words!! I am glad that you and the entire wedding party had a great visit. I am proud to be one of Georgia's top wedding venues. On behalf of the resort we would be pleased to be your gdestination of choice for many years to come!

Regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Brasstown Valley resort is a beautiful property and great value. I read some mixed reviews and honestly, I don't understand. I found the staff extremely accommodating and helpful. This will be a definite return visit for our family!

Room Tip: Ask for golf course side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

All I could saw was WOW! every 30 seconds! The picturesque setting and panararamic views are awsome, and cozy outdoor seating offered everywhere to soak in the views.
Super helpful and downright friendly staff. I felt like I was in a grand estate. Beautifully decorated in an upscale-rustic country estate kind of way. Velvet damask sofas, beautiful carpets, fresh flowers, and wood carved lamps and benches of black bears deer antler chandelier. Scattered lamps were of carved bears and sqirrels. Breakfast buffet was fantastic. I can't wait to go back. PS I've stayed at the Ritz Carltons, and some of the top 10 hotels in the world, and I loved this place. The best part for me, was the walking trails through woods and brooks, and the horseback ride on "Rebel". Thanks for the smooth ride, Rebel. Next time I'll bring you more apples.

Room Tip: 5th floor has fireplaces wirh timers so you can you to bed with the fireplace on and it turns off wi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Strawberryltr22

Wow, that is all I can say about your review! It is always a pleasure to read a review that conveys exactly what I want our guests to feel and experience. On behalf of the entire resort Thank You!! I look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We found a good deal through Half Off Depot because we are not able to afford at the real cost of a resort. We decided to check this place out...got a room on 4th floor with a nice view of golf, small waterfall, and moutain...yes you have to pay extra $30 for this but you can sit on the balcony and relax. Be sure you ask for a nice view....my room was #401. We ate lunch there outside...it's not that cheap but they were good..I had pecan chicken salad sandwich with french fries. One thing I didnt like is they will charge you if you take snacks or water from the room which I think they should be part of it as a nice treat. I didnt like the tub: you cant relax in it but bathroom was very nice though. We swam for an hour...had 2 small hot jacuzzi. Half of the pool was inside which was warmer and the other half was outside which was cooler (we went in April)....the breakfast buffet was part of the room deal which was nice...definately better than McDonald's. We rode on horses for an hour and got half price off too. It was worth it! We decided to try spa for the first time ever in our 17 years of marriage....it was somewhat expensive but a good experience to start off with. You can also get half price off too. All through Half Off Depot! This was a nice belated 17th anniversity getaway for one night. Worth it if you live in GA....Young Harris is a very small town so not a lot to do but relax as much as you can at the resort. By the way, eat at Brothers at Willow Ranch across from the resort...good ol southern food! Overall, all was great for a great price...cant beat it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us as a part of your 17th wedding anniversary celebration. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and the balcony. I will take into consideration your suggestion about the in room snacks and beverages we have for sale. The pecan chicken salad you mentioned is one of our best selling lunch items, I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope you consider us again for future anniversary celebrations and getaways.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Killer place. Gorgeous golf course, great dining, beautiful cocktail lounge, very nice rooms, swimming pool, exercise room, gift shop, pavilions for private events. Also you can rent a private cabin on the premises. Everything about this place is fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your kind words about the resort. Seeing that you are a senior reviewer, it means alot that you rated us a perfect score. We hope that when you are in the area again, that you will stay with us and enjoy our "slice of paradise"!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen
30.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!