All reviews great location the outdoor swimming pool four blocks sectional sofa easy parking few issues within walking distance boise downtown bars and restaurants clean hotel rooms are large breakfast was excellent stayed for nights would stay again the staff was great up to date great customer service
Reviewed August 13, 2018

The hotel provided lobby computers and helpful staff. The place was clean and very nicely designed. I recommend this hotel for business and pleasure alike. Close to restaurants and in a great downtown location.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Allison F
Reviewed August 11, 2018

This hotel is very new and well appointed. the rooms are large with a sectional sofa, fridge and small coffee service. the breakfast buffet is quite extensive and good quality. A/C is quite loud so if you are sensitive to noise you will need ear plugs

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We got it, got upgraded to a huge suite even though I'm only discoverist, and it was an award stay. The staff was impeccable. They even waived our parking fee for no reason at all (perhaps because I'm in the military?). Great location. Breakfast is only OK, not great, not terrible, but terribly crowded. LOVE the blackout curtains in the room. Only downside was the bathroom door let light through, as it's frosted and not solid, and my sons were sleeping in the living room. Otherwise it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Small pool area. Not that relaxing. No Parking. Clean, new, but uncomfortable. Good location & helpfull staff. Breakfast lacking in quality & selection. Beds & pillows uncomfortable. Woke up with stiff neck both mornings from pillows

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Wesley B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Boise/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear Milibyte8,

We appreciate your honest feedback and we are glad that our staff are very helpful. We will definitely look at our pillows to make sure they are comfortable for our guest.
It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, please contact me directly.

Best regards,

Wesley

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent a week in the Hyatt as I accompanied my spouse who was there on business. We ended up in 3 different rooms,and the room makes ALL the difference!!

The good overall:
Staff was great! Always very friendly and accommodating! Brenda (the red headed overnight front desk staff) especially made the place!! She went way out of her way to make us comfortable when we arrived late after a long day of flights and travel! Even going as far as to make me a delicious yogurt with berries after hearing how disappointing I was that there was no yogurt in their on site "market". She was so warm and friendly and really cared about making people feel at home! If she ran all the hyatts there'd be no other hotel that could compete!!

Their onsite market was pretty well stocked. It even had fresh health options that were appetizing (salads with freah fruit, seeds, chicken,wraps,juices,etc.). It definitely saved us the late night run to a grocery store!
The pool wasn't bad. Considering there are VERY few outdoor pools in Boise. I managed to get a lounger each day (they have approximately 8-10) and although you may need to move depending on time of day, you can get direct sunlight for tanning. There were quite a few children splashing around the pool most of the time, but that's probably unavoidable (noise blocking headphones and to barely notice).

The gym had enough to get a decent workout in. A cable system,few ellipticals and treadmills, dumbells up to 50lb and a stationary bike. Lots of floor space to move around and was nearly deserted the entire time I was there.

All and all the facilities were great. They ever have little TV cubby areas incase you arrive before your room is ready.

Which room you get makes the BIG different in your experience!

We started in a 2 queen bed standard room (room 209). There was a good amount of space (enough room to throw 2 large suitcases without walking over them. The room was quiet (although we don't know if that was due to lower occupancy). The blinds had a light blocking ability and created a dark sleeping atmosphere well. The big issue was with the horribly designed bathroom door. The door to the bathroom is a large frosted glass barn door. It does soft close relatively quietly if you only close it 80% and take the time to let it slowly close the rest. However, most of the time you close it too hard and it's loud. That solution is solvable. The problem is at night. As it's a frosted glass large doorway, when you turn on the bathroom light,it emits bright light as if the door was open. Seeing as this is in view of the beds in the standard rooms, it lights the room up! This caused a not so great sleep our first night.

Our 2nd night we were able to move to a suite on the second floor. We absolutely loved our next 3 nights in the suite! The suite was INCREDIBLE! The bedroom is large and enclosed by two stardard wooden doors. This eliminated the bathroom issue and allowed for a dark room whenever needed. The bed in all the rooms were super comfortable as were the sectional couches! The suite also had a dining area and good sized kitchen. It provided a mini fridge (but empty so could bring our own food), pod type coffee maker with coffee provided, toaster, kettle and microwave. My only suggestion for improving the interior would be to add a stove top to allow for better cooking options. However, we were very comfortable in the suite (which allow my spouse to work without disturbing me) and for me to feel at home.

The problem arouse on Thursday night when a family occupied the room above us. The noise was so excessive that our walls actually vibrated. We called the front desk who said they'd speak to them (at 5pm approximately). An hour later and it was still incredibly disruptive (so much it woke my deep sleeping spouse from a nap). They went up and spoke to the family. Another half an hour and we couldn't take it anymore. Never in all the hotels I've stayed in (even in Europe with century old hotels with thin walls), have we experienced such noise. Whether is was a family of loud walkers or another room down the hall,we don't know. We asked to move or would switch hotels,but at 98% occupancy, our only choice was a standard kind bed room on the 5th (top) floor. The noise was bad enough that we willingly downgraded.

The standard king room was rather small (noticeably different from even the double queen standard room). It had a coffee machine and small minibar. It had the same awfully designed bathroom door issue (so we went to the washroom in the dark whenever the other was sleeping). At least this room was quiet so we were able to sleep.

Overall,the hotel has some great facilities and wonderful staff. We would stay in the facility again during the summer (for the outdoor pool), conducive on the requirement we get a top floor suite. We would never stay on a lower floor or in standard room if they did not fix the door issue (either replace the door with a proper door,or possible cover the inside with a dark plastic film possibly?).

A top floor suite room would give this 4+ stars (5 if they had a stovetop cooking option).

The standard rooms I wouldn't consider.
I think with some improvements this place could be great. However, with no top floor suite or when you can't use the outdoor pool (winter), we'll probably stay at the new Residence Inn down the street.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple