“Wow we really enjoyed the Hollywood suite”
Review of Anniversary Inn

Anniversary Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Boise B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had been to the same Hotel before, and was not happy with our choice of room, which was the Hawaiian theme, bathroom with just a toliet and only shower was from a tiny coconut hanging from a fake palm tree over the jetted tube. Was cold and uninviting. However our adult children wanted us to try again in a different for our 35th anniversary this year. We love movies, 2 person jetted tube, looked and felt just like a old fashioned theater with a sign board with our names, movies free also had direct TV plus movie channels, fountain drink bar, marble tub, Large mirrors double sinks. The king size bed was excellent first we tried the gel mattress. Wonderful stay including breakfast. One note is I have a service dog, which at first they did not allow, until the clerk called her manager and found that it is a federal law and you can not charge deposits or not allow. That was the only problem at first, but she called us back after talking with her manager. Our stay was great we would go again but only in the more comfortable rooms, none of the silly themes, like Harley Davidson room, get real!! Look for only the plush rooms, with all one level. Enjoy

Room Tip: Look online at there website and go only for the plush room No split levels, pay the middle range to...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlliceRFLYER

Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband took me to the anniversary inn to propose. He knew that I had dreamed about staying there since I was 13 because my parents went there for their anniversary and said it was amazing; so he decided the best way to propose was to take me there. When we arrived, he told me we were there to tour the rooms and the lady at the front desk asked us which room we were interested in touring. We chose the Sleeping Beauty room and went upstairs to it. When we got there, we explored the room and I sat down to read the thoughts that had been left by those who had previously stayed. When I looked up, my husband took my hand and pulled me up to stand. Then he got on one knee and showed me a black and white box tied with a ribbon. He asked me to marry him and I said yes. Afterwards he told me that he had rented the room and I needed to go to the front desk and fill out my requests. I went down to do so and the staff members congratulated me and helped me fill my requests. Later that night we went to go to dinner in my best dress and our car wouldn't start (lights on). It was dark and raining; but in spite of it one of the ladies from the front desk helped us jump start our car with hers. After dinner we relaxed in the cozy jetted tub and had a wonderful sleep in the round bed. The next morning, breakfast was right on time and delicious!

The staff members were amazingly helpful and kind. The room was very quiet and cozy. The service was exceptional. The food was always on time and delicious.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank miki_dawn_23
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We went out for a night with out our 5 month old daughter back on 2006. and we had to leave half way into the night due to her being sick and having to go to the ER.. well they had said to us dont worry your next stay will be on us... well when we have called to do our next stay there is no INFO on it..

Havent decided if we are gonna go back due to this.. but it was a great place and we had fun for the 3 hrs we were there but for a 300 dollar room for 3 hrs wasnt right.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thelengkeeks
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My husband surprised me by getting us a room for our 2nd anniversary at the Anniversary Inn in Boise. We both love movies and we go out to movies quite a bit, so he got us the Hollywood Romance suite. It was awesome!! I walked in and couldn't believe how beautiful it was! The bed was decked out with so many pretty pillows, a velvety comforter, and a super soft mattress. It creaked just a little bit, but was very comfy. The jetted tub was awesome, and the waterfall shower was just sexy!!

The pros: In room soda fountain (totally up my alley), lovely tiled area with a beautiful soaker jetted tub, cute little bistro area where we sat and had breakfast the next morning, old movies on dvd, the bed was awesome, all the old school framed movie posters, fridge in the room, they brought us fresh baked cookies and popcorn.

The cons: The toilet is in a separate area from the rest of the bathroom and no sink near the toilet. DIdn't really like that. There are no elevators and a lot of stairs. It's a big place, and carrying gifts and suitcases up and down stairs wasn't awesome.

Overall, we were so happy with it. The room was really beautiful. I had never seen a room like that in person :) We loved our stay. It was a great place for us to experience some hollywood romance, and we loved it. Also it was very quiet. We never heard another person while we were there. Either it wasn't very busy, or the walls are very thick :)

We plan on going back and hopefully can make this an anniversary tradition!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2011

This place has not had a coat of paint, carpet cleaning, or remodeling since it opened. The noise coming from the room upstairs sounded like people were running around. Many shady looking people coming and going. Extremely rude front desk staff. If you ask them for anything, they look at you like you're stupid.

Floor is uneven in the hallways and god awful looking. The entire hotel smells old and dirty. Lack of seating and toiletries in the room. Walls need desperately patched and repainted. Mattresses, pillows, and bedding are lumpy and uncomfortable.

The prices are outrageous for such a run down hotel. I expected to be treated like a queen at over $200/night, but was treated with disrespect frowning faces from the front desk personnel.

We wont stay ever again. Don't trust the pictures on the website, this is a meth head hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shewrotered
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Great romantic get-away. The rooms are theme rooms. So if you want to get away with that special someone, this is a great place to do it. Get on line to check out the rooms and call for availability and specials! You can literally get lost in your room for at least 18 hours, just enjoying a romantic weekend. Great service. Outstanding breakfast tray delivered to your room. Great movies available and included. Close to downtown Boise.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2010

My wife and I had a great time at the Anniversary Inn. Stayed in the Sultan's Palace room. Our experience was a great night away from the kids. They brought 2 free movies to our room instantly at our request. Soaking in the jacuzzi was like a small pool it was so big! Make sure and fill up the jacuzzi before you turn on the jets, I squirted water accross the room. Bed was ok, breakfast came exactly when we wanted it to. You get to choose up to 4 drinks, yogurt, cinnamon roll, ham & cheese crossaint. The only problem was the sound on the TV was hard to hear over the fan right next to the bed. Overall had a great time and look forward to staying here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple