New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Anniversary Inn

Anniversary Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Boise B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City
“Romance, whimsy, reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just stayed three nights in a lighthouse! But we could have enjoyed breakfast in "redrock country," or cheered during simultaneous games on seven tvs in the Bronco room, or felt the air of privilege in the "presidential suite." And it wasn't even our anniversary.
The young staff provide cheerful, accommodating service and unexpected niceties worthy of a bed and breakfast. The continental breakfast is served to your room, and it exceeds expectations. Take the tour of rooms between the hours of 1 and 3 pm; there are sure to be several whichwill tickle your sense of whimsy and romance. A range of prices makes a stay anywhere from affordable to a luxury. But the experience of Anniversary Inn is priceless. The Boise location is near Ann Morrison park, Julia Davis Park, and the university area.

Room Tip: Check online for Sun thru Thurs special rates on select rooms; but you have to make a phone call to...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just got back from the anniversary in we celebrated our 22nd anniversary in one of their fantastic rooms. It was quiet and fun. The room was clean and the staff friendly. Breakfast was amazing. I had a hard time choosing a room was a bit dissapointed i did not get my first choice and i booked 2 weeks early I will know better to book earlyer next time. Just a quick side note if the tub was kind of difficult to get in and out of if there were hand rales on the side walls it would be easyer the marble was incredible but could be a bit slippery when wet. Also the stairs in the capital suite should be lighted as the first stair is a larger step and the rest are short ones, one mis step and you could tumble. We are definatly going again it was such a needed getaway and a great place to celebrate.

Room Tip: If you want a specific room you better book early. the self guided tours was fantastic and fun
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katie w
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I loved our experience at the Anniversary Inn. We stayed in the Marble House Suite and we felt like we were in a Roman palace (albeit a modern one). They had cheesecake and sparkling cider waiting for us, a free movie rental, and breakfast in bed the next morning. It was extremely romantic, very comfortable, and so much fun to get away from it all.

Room Tip: It might be worth spending a little extra for a big, nice room such as the Marble Palace, Hollywood...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I stayed that the Annivesary Inn for our 2nd Annivesary and we decided to treat ourselves because we did not get to do anything special for out 1st anniversary. We stayed in the Hollywood Romance suite and it was absolutly beautiful! The room was super clean and very relaxing. The board with our names on it was such a great personal touch. Unlimited soad and popcorn! Cheesecake and cupcakes were delish! The bed was super comfy and the shower came from the Ceiling! that was awsome. The jetted tub was a great way to relax and unwinded. Breakfast was awesome too! It arrived at our door right on time and the cinnamon roll was like as big as my face! My husband and I plan on staying again next year if it is at all possible! The rooms are def a little pricey, but its def worth it. The staff was also very nice and helpful! I believe Jessica (?) was the one who showed me the room a week before our arrival and let me look around and she was so nice and super helpful! Thank you again Anniversary Inn and staff! You made this Anniversary so special!

Room Tip: Dont worry about bringing your own robe. They had ones you could use during your stay! Also, might b...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed in the Hollywood Romance room. It was amazing! All you can eat "large tubs" popcorn, and also all you can drink soda. The soda was ice cold out of the tap. No ice required. The bed was very comfortable and there was also a comfy cuddle chair. The tub/waterfall topped of a wonderful get away. Plus unlimited DVD's. Highly recommend this place and room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Boise Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We had been to the same Hotel before, and was not happy with our choice of room, which was the Hawaiian theme, bathroom with just a toliet and only shower was from a tiny coconut hanging from a fake palm tree over the jetted tube. Was cold and uninviting. However our adult children wanted us to try again in a different for our 35th anniversary this year. We love movies, 2 person jetted tube, looked and felt just like a old fashioned theater with a sign board with our names, movies free also had direct TV plus movie channels, fountain drink bar, marble tub, Large mirrors double sinks. The king size bed was excellent first we tried the gel mattress. Wonderful stay including breakfast. One note is I have a service dog, which at first they did not allow, until the clerk called her manager and found that it is a federal law and you can not charge deposits or not allow. That was the only problem at first, but she called us back after talking with her manager. Our stay was great we would go again but only in the more comfortable rooms, none of the silly themes, like Harley Davidson room, get real!! Look for only the plush rooms, with all one level. Enjoy

Room Tip: Look online at there website and go only for the plush room No split levels, pay the middle range to...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlliceRFLYER
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband took me to the anniversary inn to propose. He knew that I had dreamed about staying there since I was 13 because my parents went there for their anniversary and said it was amazing; so he decided the best way to propose was to take me there. When we arrived, he told me we were there to tour the rooms and the lady at the front desk asked us which room we were interested in touring. We chose the Sleeping Beauty room and went upstairs to it. When we got there, we explored the room and I sat down to read the thoughts that had been left by those who had previously stayed. When I looked up, my husband took my hand and pulled me up to stand. Then he got on one knee and showed me a black and white box tied with a ribbon. He asked me to marry him and I said yes. Afterwards he told me that he had rented the room and I needed to go to the front desk and fill out my requests. I went down to do so and the staff members congratulated me and helped me fill my requests. Later that night we went to go to dinner in my best dress and our car wouldn't start (lights on). It was dark and raining; but in spite of it one of the ladies from the front desk helped us jump start our car with hers. After dinner we relaxed in the cozy jetted tub and had a wonderful sleep in the round bed. The next morning, breakfast was right on time and delicious!

The staff members were amazingly helpful and kind. The room was very quiet and cozy. The service was exceptional. The food was always on time and delicious.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple