“Fun place”

Ranked #70 of 881 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Joe's Crab Shack brings fresh seafood, authentic flavors and Southern coastal flair to locations all across America. Joe's menu features crab, fish, lobster, mussels, clams and shrimp.
Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

Visited with a friend when we were staying at the Riverside hotel. This place was only a couple minutes away. They have a nice area for outdoor seating that would be great when the weather warms up. The food was pretty good and their $2 margaritas were great, although I'm not sure if that is an option all day, every day.

Reviewed January 29, 2016

It's not the best seafood restaurant in Boise, but it is fun to stop at for a drink of even an appetizer while running or biking on the greenbelt in the spring summer and fall. I wouldn't eat here for a full meal, but again, it's fun to stop into and have a margarita.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

overall the food there was very good, the queen crab legs from the chesapeake bay were moist and tender and as far as the mussels they were great. Now here comes the disappointment, do not order the king crab legs, their chesapeake bay legs were a nice size snow crab leg that's all they are, but very nice size to them.but the king crab was a very big disappointment, I was told by our server they were running on the larger size which after going to costco and looking at king crab there then getting the king crab at Joe's was very disappointing,not only were they small legs (smaller than the snow crab she got) but they only gave me three and I mean three SMALL LEGS, I looked at her bucket than at mine than at hers once again and couldn't believe I ordered the king crab, even her claws were bigger than mine, said to the waitress I thought they were running on the big size, she said these are, WOW I hate to see what the normal size is,these legs were like pencils compared to the legs at costco SO DON'T ORDER them unless you like disappointment coming your way.
But folks go there it's a great place to eat I have only had one bad meal and that was out of portland, but they even comp me for that meal , View great, food really good, and try the mussels they were outstanding ,but make sure you order extra bread for the broth

Reviewed December 20, 2015

A group of eight of us went here for dinner and had a great time. We were able to sit out on their patio next to the river for a great night. The place was very busy, but they had plenty of staff on hand to provide very good service. I had the fish and chips which were great. All eight of us had something different and everyone enjoyed their dinner. Never been to a Joe's Crab Shack before, but when I am in a town with one, I will go there for sure.

Reviewed November 18, 2015

I had dinner with a couple of family friends while I was attending a conference at the adjacent Riverside Hotel. The menu had a lot of variety and options for the budget or no-budget consumer as well as many menu options. We had a good visit while enjoying the good views at tables adjacent to the river. I would go to Joe's again.

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!