“Typical Older Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Boise - Airport
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Houston, Texas
“Typical Older Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed at this location 2 nights while on business week of November 14. Typical Hampton Inn that is in need of a renovation. Decent room and amenities. Not sure why Hampton keeps putting their refrigerators in the furniture, they never work right because of heat buildup.

Definitely worth considering if you're flying in for business or an overnight trip.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I don't usually write reviews, but I felt I needed to let people know what a wonderful experience I had at the Hampton Inn near the Boise Airport. The place was exceptionally clean and seemed to have been recently remodeled. Also, I was traveling with my cat. The cat carrier broke in the parking lot and my cat got loose. Several members of the staff helped me round up my cat and get him safely inside the hotel. Without their help my cat likely would have run away and that would have been a disaster. (Oh yeah, the breakfast was good too! Hot and fresh.)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Northport, Alabama
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year. It has changed brands during that time but the important things remained the same. The staff is excellent and attends to my needs. The rooms are well furnished and are very clean. The breakfast is typical Hampton. Reasonably close to the airport but not noisy at all. This is my Hotel of choice in Boise

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This was my first trip to Boise, so I don't know how it compares to other hotels in the area. But it was one of the nicer Hampton Inns I've stayed at, and located in a nice area within walking distance of lots of things. It's surrounded by lots of little shops, restaurants, etc, and a short walk to parks, the Basque block, and more. My surprisingly big room had a view out over town and of the mountains. A good pick if you want to ditch the car and see downtown. It didn't have a kitchenette, but did have a mini-fridge and microwave.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Littleton, co
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Wow, this was a great experience. Hampton's are typically pretty reliable places to stay - consistency, quality, service is pretty in line with their brand image. However, besides the clerk that checked me in at 11:00 pm (she was just ending her shift), the staff were excellent and the breakfast, rooms, and bed was amazing! I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Travel4fun-n-food
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I had to go to Idaho on a work trip, and we stayed one night at the Hampton Inn near the airport in Boise.

First of all - Boise? Yes, Boise. People may not talk about visiting Boise much, but maybe because it isn't a place like NYC those who live and work there are nicer than nearly any place we've ever visited.

The hotel was clean, clean, clean when we walked in. And believe me, I look in corners. It's a legacy of my super-clean German grandmother. The people at the front desk were so nice, I felt bad asking for certain special requests. I did ask, though, and they immediately took care of those issues.

For one thing, the airport shuttles were leaving either too early or too late the next morning. When I pointed that out, they immediately scheduled a special shuttle for myself and my colleagues. And when the shuttle did get to the hotel for us, we were still mid-waffle, and the driver told us not to worry - she'd wait for us.

Which she did. And she was full of information about the Boise area as well. And VERY nice, even though we were leaving at 6:20 in the morning on a Sunday when normal people would be tremendously cranky at having to be awake.

The room was large and (once again) clean, clean, clean.

Best of all, the room was super quiet. I didn't hear any rude or embarrassing noises from the rooms around me, and the climate control in the room was perfect.

All in all, it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Shawn D
Benton City, Washington
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Right by capital and BSU campus. Near many restarants including Bask, Italian, mexican, and oriental. Movie theater and restarants within walking distance. Near downtown business buildings and also walking distance to the local arena for hockey and indoor football games.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business