All reviews travel lodge mid century rain shower big city coffee fresh squeezed juice craft cocktails downtown boise huge shower mini bar continental breakfast yogurt walk in shower quiet room a great place to stay business trip close to downtown hip
Reviewed November 12, 2018

I was in Boise for business purposes (conference), but staying at the Modern Hotel made me feel like I was actually getting to know the city a bit better than if I had stayed in a large chain downtown. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and the concept of the hotel was super fun with a great aesthetic. I loved the bar too- amazing cocktails and fire pits outside! Definitely a great value for the price, and the hotel made my trip to Boise feel a lot more personal. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to other travelers hoping to experience real Boise.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheModernH, Public Relations Manager at The Modern Hotel and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the recommendation. We're very much tied into our community and I'm glad it was reflected in your experience! Come back soon--

Reviewed November 10, 2018

Not what I signed up for. When I arrived I was told that I wasn’t in the main hotel, but was a few blocks down the street at their long-term apartments. It was late and cold and I had to walk there. The place was big, but cold / cheap feeling and wasn’t at all as advertised. Extremely disappointing

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheModernH, Public Relations Manager at The Modern Hotel and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

If you could, would you mind calling Polly Evett at our front desk (208) 424-8244? I think our wires got crossed and we'd like to see if we can help you feel better about your experience. Upon researching your reservation, we see that you booked through a third party rather than through our website or front desk. Because of your confusion concerning the difference between a hotel room and our apartments, it is clear that we need to revisit the verbiage on the third-party site in order to clarify the different lodging options we offer. That will better insure that a guest expectations are met. I hope we hear from you soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2018

Great location, friendly staff, great restaurant and bar. What's not to love? I was here on business as I am about 4 times per year. I have stayed in other hotels but never been as satisfied as when staying at the modern. Its walking distance from great food and every convenience that you might need.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheModernH, Public Relations Manager at The Modern Hotel and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

It's so gratifying to know that you choose us, when you have so many other choices. We don't take your satisfaction for granted--we'll keep trying to earn your kind review! Thank you--

Reviewed November 8, 2018

I loved my stay at the Modern Hotel, the rooms are retro cool, fantastic beds, linens and showers, super clean and comfortable. The bar and restaurant are fantastic with a great assortment of spirits and professionals who know how to mix up a nice cocktail to compliment some tasty appetizers. Outdoor seating with gas firepits is awesome. Overall I really don't see the need to go anywhere else when visiting Boise on business or pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so glad you'll choose to stay with us again--the firepits are nice in the winter, too, so we hope to see you again soon. Gratefully--

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Great value and cool vibe. Can see the outdoor garden / patio as a cool gathering place. It is an mid century style hotel that has been completely refinished, not just cosmetically. Considering the "bones" it is great hotel, definite value for quality

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ben, you are clearly a man of discerning tastes! Thank you for taking the time to write such a generous review--we hope to see you back soon. Warmly--