All reviewskootenai riversprings restaurantnon smokingkeurig coffee makerslot machinessmall balconynew winggreat place to stayfree breakfastbeautiful roommain buildingnice staythird floorfront desk staffpool and hot tubparking lotcranbrook
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

This non smoking casino hotel is a very good stay for this area. Visited in November while visiting family for Thanksgiving. First time staying here but will be coming back for our next visit. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was al very friendly and the food at the restaurant was quite good. Good value compared to other locations in the area and with a very nice view of the river.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am happy to hear you had a good stay and will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team.

We look forward to see you here again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Was a very laid back property. offering pet friendly rooms. Huge plus for our little dog. Front desk staff seemed overwhelmed with the check-in process. The day SPA is a must, the prices are reasonable, Staff is very friendly and the massage therapist was worth every dollar I spent. They treated you like you were special for a moment, a great way to pamper yourself. Rooms were well appointed, could use a microwave as an addition. There were several entrances so you didnt have to go thru the lobby to get outside. Could of done without the kids running up and down the halls both above us and on our floor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our facility. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am happy to read you had a good stay and will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 12, 2017

We've actually stayed here twice since my last review but 'my bad', I just got around to reviewing it again. We have had a wonderful stay here every time, great casino with 2 smoking and 1 non smoking rooms, good choice of slot machines (some Canadian also), good/decent food, comfortable, clean & spacious room, and terrific service from wonderful staff. Wish they had wine coolers at their little bar counter; they have beer (great for hubby) and (I think) hard liquor. They do have a free soda/pop area where you can help yourself, so this suits me just fine. We find that the payouts are decent, you win some, you lose some.

When we lived in Manitoba we used to enjoy going to a casino in Minnesota a couple of times a year and always had a great time. Then the band fired their managers and took over the operations themselves. They started getting greedier and greedier: the slot machines got tighter & tighter, service got really bad, everything got run down and prices kept going up. And we, our friends and relatives stopped going. Period.

I really, really hope that the Kootenai River Inn Casino keeps doing what they're doing! Because so far, they're sure doing everything right!! We have come to love this casino and it is now our 'go to' place. See you at Christmas!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am very happy to read you had a great stay and everything was to your liking. The entire team is very proud of our facility and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

We hope to see you here again soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed December 11, 2017

We stayed over Thanksgiving this year. Overall, a good expereince. The checkin was smooth and easy with friendly people. The room was clean and large, tmade more so by the minimal amount of furniture in the room. It could have used a desk, but it did provide a small round table and two chairs. We enjoyed the view from the small balcony but did not spend much time out there. The shower was great! We had breakfast included with our room, so we had a wonderful start to each day (good food, friendly service). The Huckleberry pancakes were REALLY good, but plan to share!

Now the reservations:
1. The AC was not terribly effective. We like a cool room at night, so we slept with the balcony door open...in November...in Idaho. And we were still not really in a "cool" room.
2. The TV did not work (could not change channels). The hotel was prompt about sending someone up to fix it but it took a while, so we were on of two days without TV (no biggy - it was Thanksgiving afterall).
3. We brought bathing suits and were excited to use the hottub. My husband went in once but I abstained throughout our visit. The pool/hottub area was overrun with children at almost all hours of the day! My husband sat in the tub for about 30+ minutes, with the young children (under 8 years old) that were in the tub when he showed up staying in until after he left (this is NOT safe for young kids, but no hotel employee appeared to be monitoring). He also said that the kids were not great about accommodating another person in the tub, nor were the parents really paying that much attention.
4. Our room was almost above the pool, so whenever we came in or left our room, we were treated to the pool exuberance. Luckily, the door had good soundproofing.

Room Tip: Go for a river view. It was not that much more expensive and it is on the opposite side from the pool (to help with the noise).
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our facility. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Thank you for your kind remarks on our facility and the areas of improvement we can make. On behalf of our entire team, I apologize for not exceeding your expectations and we will use this information to improve in our operation.

I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Had a room with our dogs on the third floor overlooking the river. PERFECT room! Lots of space, beautiful view, not noisy, ordered room service, gambled, used the restaurant to meet with friends. And we went home so relaxed. Great value from dinner, to lounge, to room. Next time - Spa!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments from your recent stay.

I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.