All reviews kootenai river springs restaurant non smoking keurig coffee maker slot machines small balcony new wing great place to stay free breakfast beautiful room main building nice stay third floor front desk staff pool and hot tub parking lot cranbrook
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Great service, rooms, staff, casino (well .... I didn't win) but great experience! Definitely will be planning another stay or two this year!
Promotional coupons are nice to receive with the casino players club!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am happy to read your had a good experience with us and will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team.

We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

We had to travel to Bonners Ferry from Spokane for business during a snow storm but made it safely to the hotel. We were allowed to check in early, which was great since we were cold and stressed from the drive. We had a beautiful room that had a small deck that overlooked the river. With the snow coming down, it was all so beautiful. I must say for a Casino, the hotel was very quiet at night. The casino itself was pretty tight....so we only played for about an hour or so since we weren't hitting any bonuses or anything...just throwing our money in the machine and that was about it. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate at the Springs (dinner and breakfast) and the food and service was excellent!!! I have to say both waitresses Thursday night and Friday morning were personable and pleasant! I give the hotel and restaurant 5 stars but really disappointed in the casino.

Room Tip: When staying at OTHER hotel/Casino's, make sure you are not by the elevators. It can be noisy!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am happy to hear you had a good stay and the hotel and restaurant was good for you. I am, however, sorry to hear about your experience in the casino and hope the next visit to our facility the casino is a better experience for you.

Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

This non smoking casino hotel is a very good stay for this area. Visited in November while visiting family for Thanksgiving. First time staying here but will be coming back for our next visit. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was al very friendly and the food at the restaurant was quite good. Good value compared to other locations in the area and with a very nice view of the river.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

I am happy to hear you had a good stay and will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team.

We look forward to see you here again soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

Was a very laid back property. offering pet friendly rooms. Huge plus for our little dog. Front desk staff seemed overwhelmed with the check-in process. The day SPA is a must, the prices are reasonable, Staff is very friendly and the massage therapist was worth every dollar I spent. They treated you like you were special for a moment, a great way to pamper yourself. Rooms were well appointed, could use a microwave as an addition. There were several entrances so you didnt have to go thru the lobby to get outside. Could of done without the kids running up and down the halls both above us and on our floor.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our facility. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am happy to read you had a good stay and will be sure to pass your comments on to our entire team.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 12, 2017

We've actually stayed here twice since my last review but 'my bad', I just got around to reviewing it again. We have had a wonderful stay here every time, great casino with 2 smoking and 1 non smoking rooms, good choice of slot machines (some Canadian also), good/decent food, comfortable, clean & spacious room, and terrific service from wonderful staff. Wish they had wine coolers at their little bar counter; they have beer (great for hubby) and (I think) hard liquor. They do have a free soda/pop area where you can help yourself, so this suits me just fine. We find that the payouts are decent, you win some, you lose some.

When we lived in Manitoba we used to enjoy going to a casino in Minnesota a couple of times a year and always had a great time. Then the band fired their managers and took over the operations themselves. They started getting greedier and greedier: the slot machines got tighter & tighter, service got really bad, everything got run down and prices kept going up. And we, our friends and relatives stopped going. Period.

I really, really hope that the Kootenai River Inn Casino keeps doing what they're doing! Because so far, they're sure doing everything right!! We have come to love this casino and it is now our 'go to' place. See you at Christmas!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our Guests.

I am very happy to read you had a great stay and everything was to your liking. The entire team is very proud of our facility and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them.

We hope to see you here again soon.

Thanks again!