“Large property with excellent views”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Pleasantly surprised by room views, this larger property has its pros and cons. The pros of an in home fabulous restaurant and spa, the cons of larger scale with spiraling garage and tower and quite crowded in low season. The room however, overlooked the lake & was exactly what we needed for a short get away; 2 level w/ fireplace, quiet and beautiful lake view. Not having to get lost and park in cold in winter is the upside of eating in house, with a delicious menu. A little disappointed with Spa, although amenities are there, it felt more like an assembly line and only thing missing was the giving out of numbers, couldn't be more impersonal, from check in to check out (except for masseuse, she was fine). Maybe the remodel didn't help on first visit, all hallways and elevators were crowded, or maybe the downside of a convention acomodating hotel. Glad we visited, but certainly wouldn't try in regular season, can't imagine being able to get in hallways or elevator or parking...
More detail: light switches hard to find, no fan in bathroom or closing door, sort of swing bar divider

Room Tip: definetely a suite overlooking lake
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank isildor
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Constructive comments help us significantly as we strive to upgrade our facilities and improve upon our services.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed here on business during a site inspection for a meeting. Spring for a lakeview room, definitely worth it! The rooms come with a nice balcony and fireplace. You could sit there all day just watching the activity on the lake. Plenty of dining options to choose from. Steps away from the downtown area. Great pool and beach access.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We have stayed at the CDA resort many time in the past and this experience was no different in regards to the quality of our stay. Katie, the delightful young lady at the front desk remembers us and our daughter always she does everything to ensure we have an excellent stay, this trip did not disappoint. The updated lobby and lounge just added to our stay. Even though the lobby was just recently opened the day before the staff seemed at ease and everything seemed just right. We will stay here again when we return to CDA

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for your nice comments. I am glad you had a great time in Coeur d’Alene.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had the best time staying at the CDA Resort, great customer service and amazing views of the lake.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your Valentine's day with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Attended a four day conference staying in this hotel. The setting is breathtaking on Coeur D'Alene lake, but the hotel left a lot to be desired for the very high price. The rooms were adequate, but no better or more comfortable than a much lower priced hotel. Everything else was average except the Wi-Fi. It was very bad. Much of the "averageness" might be attributed to the renovations than were taking place.

The best part of the stay was Beverly's restaurant on the 7th floor. Excellent food and slight high prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Eaglelord7
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for telling us about your visit. Your comments will help us as we upgrade our facilities during our current renovation.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Coeur D'Alene Resort is a world class venue. Top notch amenities and a beautiful location on one of the worlds most beautiful lakes. Beverly's is their flagship resturant, but a great meal can be had at any resturant within a half mile radius. There is plenty to do in CDA - skiing and snowmobiling in the winter, hiking, fishing, mountain biking in the spring through fall. If you are a skier, go to Silver mountain with the family, but steer yourself to Sweitzer Mountain for the best skiing in the Northwest. Mountain Bikers will find many miles of single track on Canfielf Mountain, but the family can call John at Pedal Pushers for a leisurely ride on the Hiawatha Trail between the Silver Valley and Harrison.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 6th and 8th floors as they are below and above the resturant and service areas. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Coeur d’Alene.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had the most beautiful wedding - but it was in spite of, and not because of, the Coeur d'Alene Resort. While the staff was incredibly friendly, I found them to be among the least competent I have ever met in the event planning business. I did all of the wedding planning myself from across the country. I was told the wedding department preferred emails to phone calls, but it would regularly take multiple attempts on both to get my designated person to respond. Costs and arrangements were chronically incorrect when sent back or confirmed by the resort, even after being put in writing. There was something wrong with the room block every other week (they kept telling me that high turnover was impacting customer service. Every other week??) The florist, despite having a color swatch for several months, called me the day before the wedding to tell me that the flowers were the wrong color. When I got to the floral shop, it turned out she was using the wrong person's swatch, and the flowers were fine (although the ribbon color was completely different). The hotel offered to send my dress out to be steamed when I arrived a few days early, then lost it in a corner for 24 hours (in a crumpled pile that I stumbled upon when I ran behind the bell desk the next day to find something), only to then lose track of it for several hours the day before the wedding with no tag or number to track it. After charging me $2.50 for welcome bags for guests (not per room, per guest), I discovered that several guests did not receive them, and therefore missed out on some of the weekend's activities. On the day of the wedding, the free shuttle to/from the Best Western took my guests to the wrong location and had to be coaxed to turn around. At the end of the night, shuttle buses took more than 45 minutes to make the 10 minute round trip journey back to the hotel from the event center, with several little ones exhausted and melting down while waiting (I had to beg the cocktail waitress to call the manager because the wedding planner had left for the night). Every step of the way during the reception, I was being asked questions by my guests and DJ, without someone taking charge to help navigate so I could relax. In the end, we had a wonderful day that I will remember for the rest of my life. But brides beware, if you choose this spot, you either need your own wedding planner or a lot of time on your hands. The success of your day will be up to you!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Schwartzie333

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and also for the constructive criticism. I have shared your comments with our wedding planners and management team so we can address the issues you have brought to our attention. We appreciate your feedback.