1,845 results
All reviews golf course dockside restaurant infinity pool boat ride lake tower floating green tower room golf package play golf coeur d'alene resort north pole christmas lights beautiful lake dinner cruise tubbs hill spokane airport gas fireplace
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is the place to stay if you are in Coeur d'Alene. First of all, it is right downtown and you can walk to restaurants, shops, parks, the beach and lake cruises. If it rains, you can be perfectly happy staying inside the hotel. Recently remodeled, the hotel has a spa, top class gym, pool, hot tubs and beautiful rooms plus several excellent restaurants - and they will shuttle you to their off site restaurants no charge. The staff is most helpful. Breakfast is not included. Be aware that there is a charge for both valet and self parking.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Coeur d'Alene Resort, we really appreciate the feedback. Come back soon to enjoy another stay at our award-winning property!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I spent the past week in Idaho at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, situated on Coeur d'Alene lake with a stellar view and within easy walking distance of main street ("old" town) which was charming yet pricier than I had anticipated for this area. I cannot say enough about the friendly staff and excellent service and EXCELLENT food at Beverly's, Dockside and the lovely Whispers bar. My room, on the other hand, was small with no windows (probably because of pool below). My own fault for not doing better research, but there were also NO room combination safes at this resort! A REAL surprise and disappointment as I use them religiously for jewelry, money, etc. (Using lobby's is NOT an option) Unfortunately, being over the indoor pool area? (north wing) The pool lights lit up my room like a "roman candle" at night and didn't go out until around 11 or so. Shutters helped but still bright lighting/late. Their "state of the art" shower enclosure had a shower control that was the worst ever. LESS than functional and downright dangerous I surmise for children and seniors. I had no problem with the efficiency of warming water, which easily took a full five minutes as this is simply part of energy savings. But the shower control? Far TOO sensitive to the human touch so to speak and a real pain to manuever. Far more suited for a residence than resort. Stellar golf course but this is not a resort I would return to. Don't miss the Museum of Idaho within easy walking distance, one of the best of any area I've traveled to - to date.

Room tip: Probably want to stay away from north wing, though less expensive rooms it appears. Don't advise one over pool area!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MsInformedALWAYS

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the city of Coeur d'Alene, there really is a lot of neat history in our beautiful location. The room you stayed in during your visit does have it's disadvantages, I do hope you can come back and stay in a different room. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I attended a conference here. The conference facilities, guest rooms and restaurants were very nice. Overall the staff stood out as being exceptionally attentive and professional.

I would agree with the earlier comment about the parking fees. Coeur d'Alene is not a big city. I expect to pay for parking in a downtown metro hotel. I do not expect it here. This, to me, is a minor gripe. Our experience was very good on the whole.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

I really appreciate your observation of our staff members. All of our departments strive to hire the most qualified and successful employees available. Thank you for your review and your opinion of the parking fees. I will bring your concern to the attention of my superiors.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My boyfriend of 9 yrs and I had decided to go away and get married over Memorial day weekend, we wanted to elope somewhere relatively close but somewhere with a beautiful view and high class accomodations. Saw the resort online and after calling the resort to get details on available packages, decided to book the room here because the lady who answered the phone was so helpful and gave us a great rate/package(even on a holiday weekend!) She even upgraded our room to the honeymoon suite. I made arrangements to have a minister come to our suite and marry us on the balcony of our room that overlooked the marina and lake. The views were amazing, the room large and plush. The whole weekend there was stress free and we loved every minute of it. All the staff we encountered were wonderful, with smiles on their faces and eager to help.The Dockside restaraunt was casual enough for family but the food was 5 star quality, and the lounge was very cool with great live music saturday night. I wish we could have stayed even longer. I am very glad that I decided on this resort for our getaway ceremony, and am grateful for the staff that helped make our stay so special. Next time we go I plan on booking a trip on the dinner boat and a float plane tour of the lake, both of which are available right there at the resort.

Room tip: If you go ask for the Lake Tower Lake View room. We had one on the 12th floor which gave sweeping views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am so pleased to hear your stay was so perfect. Congratulations on getting married, we would love to have you return for your anniversary each and every year! Our dinner cruises and the seaplane tour are popular for locals and tourists alike and are great choices for your next visit. Thank you for sharing your experience at The Coeur d'Alene Resort on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is our first trip to the area & we are pleased. We followed all the advice on Trip Advisor & booked a lake front room on the 9th floor. The room is well appointed, very comfortable bed & sitting area. We are on a golf package & played 2 rounds on the resort course, loved it! The staff are exceptional & go out of their way to provide A+ service. Money well spent!

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com, we appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience. Come back again this summer for some more golf!