“Wonderful accomodations, food, & experience!”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 March 2008

Spent four nights at the resort in late February 2008 and loved it! Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and was decorated in a very upscale design. We loved the view from our room, the flat screen television on a swivel, and the large size of the room. We ate several meals provided by the resort, as well as a dinner cruise, and all of the food was good. We were very impressed with the resort and would gladly return!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank adbulldawgs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,685)

Reviewed 25 February 2008

We were attending a wedding held in the resort and received terrific rates as guests of the wedding.

The room wasn't quite ready when we checked in, they took my cell phone number and told me they would give me a call when the room was ready. In the meantime, we went and enjoyed the wedding reception and they gave me a call about 1/2 hour later.

We stayed in a premium lakeview room and it was just about the nicest hotel room I've ever had the pleasure to stay in. The beds are soooo comfortable, the TV is a flatscreen on an arm that swings out and swivels so that you can watch it from bed or from anywhere else in the room, the lake view was beautiful, and when you decide you've had enough and want to go to bed, all you do is push a button located right next to the bed to close the curtains (and then do the same thing in the morning to enjoy the view from bed!).

We also ordered room service the next morning for breakfast. We had the rose petal breakfast for two and for $36 we got four huge huckleberry pancakes, four strips of thick bacon, two premium sausages, half a plate of eggs (we got ours scrambled with cheese on top), half a plate of hash browns, a fresh fruit plate, a carafe of orange juice, and a carafe of coffee. We were both stuffed after we were done eating and the food was terrific!!! The presentation was great too - they came in and set it all up and sprinkled rose petals all over the little table that they set it up on.

Check-out time was 12:00, but we called down that morning and requested a late check-out and were given an extra hour, which was great since we'd taken our time eating breakfast and getting ready.

We only stayed one night, but we had such a fabulous time that I wish we could have stayed longer. The whole experience was first rate and I hope that I'm able to return soon!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2008

Upon arrival noted the Beauty of the Resorts location. It was a bit confusing when entering establishment. Instead of the check in being at the front of the resort you had to locate on your own at the back of the building past shops and restaurants. Paid extra for fireplace, not worth the money! Balcony door broken, could not open. Room service had to be called for service first day, second day room never tended, found out that there was a button pushed stating Do-not-disturb. I do not know why this information was not disclosed or information placed within the room so customers would be aware.

Purchased a breakfast for two, butter forgotten which we needed for the special pancakes. Called restaurant to bring butter and asked for extra coffee to be delivered at the same time with more cream and sugar. Delivery took 1/2 hr to arrive, food cold, did not eat entire breakfast and cream and sugar forgotten?? Explained at checkout, front end showed no interest.

Husband and I wanted a quite time after New Years Celebration, the evening of 01/01/08. Bar was the only establishment open after 11:00pm, playing EXTRA LOUD RAP Music. We were the only customers at the time so we requested the volume be lowered, waitress stated the disc jockey does not like people to mess with his sound?? Placed a food/drink order to go and went to our room so we could visit over a glass of wine and enjoy our last night stay. I am not sure that I will return or at least not during a holiday. We feel the attention was given only to Parties, Weddings and high ticketed events. For the rest of us...here's your room. Enjoy

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shellspage
Reviewed 5 November 2007

Got to stay on the 17th floor, valet parking, awesome room with a breathtaking view over the marina. I lived it up watching the flat panel television, built a nice fire (flick of the switch) then climbed
into the nicest bed I've ever slept in. When I got too tired to enjoy the view I closed the curtains across the entire lakeside wall of the room (also by pushing a button.) Even has a phone in the bathroom. Definately a cool place to stay.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank careygreg
Reviewed 28 October 2007

For the past two years in September, two friends, my brother, and myself travel to Coeur d' Alene for a weekend of golf and fun. Again this year, as last, we had a fantastic weekend. The Resort is beautiful. The food and service is excellent. The rooms are large, overlook the lake, and have a fireplace, flat screen, siiting area and very comfortable beds. The Golf course is second to none. This Resort is first class from top to bottom. I highly recommend the Coeur d' Alene Golf & Spa Resort. I'm looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank RDP51
Reviewed 8 October 2007

One thing about this resort is the location, facilities, and staff. From the time you arrive until you leave. The SPA is the most relaxing I have been to. When it comes to dining you will find the food looks as good as it tastes. Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It is a stay you will remember.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank yakimatraveler
Reviewed 29 September 2007

This resort is very expensive if you want to have a view of the lake. We had a patial view and still paid through the nose. The entire staff was very nice and we had no problems. Most everyone here is looking for a tip. Played golf at the course and it was a very nice experiance. The floating 14th green and the boat ride over were great. My wife had little to do while I was golfing as the shopping associated with the resort is priced out of this world. You will have the choice of paying $15 a day for parking or using the valet service (another tip). Everything at the resort is expensive.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple