When we stayed at the Coeur d'Alene Resort years ago, it was the epitome of a 5 star resort. With additional experience, not quite so now.
1. Customer service is still great.
2. Lots of things to do inside and out. The outdoor pool via water taxi was a hit with our family.
3. They can accommodate bikes in a safe location if you have them. Not all resorts have this feature.
4. Beverly's restaurant was top notch.
5. Maintenance was very responsive.
1. Overpriced for the smallish room experience they offer - queen beds are more like full, for example.
2. Dockside restaurant was the worst restaurant experience at a resort. Ever. The waitress did not acknowledge us until we said something, the service was amateurish, and my pre-school daughter's need for food was ignored. Unacceptable.
3. Good luck putting on your make up if you are a petite female. The main mirror is too far away, there is no side mirror, and the blow drier is toss in a drawer in the bedroom somewhere.
4. Little touches that make a guest experience memorable (outside of the stellar staff) are missing. Morning coffee from the fading coffee maker was substandard. The robes were ungainly to wear and try to function in. The alarm still has 30 pin adapters, which are useless for newer iPhones. Oh, and you have some left overs from dinner? Good luck getting it in the refrigerator stuffed with resort fodder.
5. The showers were a interesting experience. The controls are in the back of the stall, requiring you to step into the shower so you can be sprayed with cold water when you turn it on. The door is not flush with the stall walls, so water tends to flood onto the floor if you do not angle the shower head correctly.
6. Wifi was spotty and slow. Log in required you to "buy" a free pass, which was confusing and we had to do it daily.
7. They were having a problem with the gating at the parking garage. It is supposed to work with your room key, but it never did with ours so we had to call and wait each time, which was irritating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your The Coeur d'Alene Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho, United States