“Fantastic Hostess”

Abbotswood House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coeur d'Alene
Abbotswood House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My husband and I have stayed at a wide variety of B&B's across both the US and Canada, we decided to try something close to home for my birthday. We were not disappointed with Abbotswood. Ros and Doug were friendly,warm, gracious hosts. We stayed in the Poldark Suite and were delighted with all the amenities this Bed and Breakfast had to offer. Even at 20 degrees outside the hot tub was fantastic. Right off our room and very private.

Our breakfast then next morning was out of this world!, I would venture to say the best breakfast we have ever experienced in 15 years of staying at Bed and Breakfast establishments.
Good on you Ros!
Thank you for your warm hospitality and kind words you are truly a special lady.

Room Tip: Go with the suite and make sure you bring your swim wear for either the indoor pool or the hot tub...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 December 2011

My new wife and I had the time of our lives here. Ros made it a very enjoyable honeymoon with a wonderful breakfast every morning (the woman does things with fruit I've never even dreamed of-- DELICIOUS!), and the indoor heated pool was fantastic! We stayed in the Poldark Room, connected to the game room where I taught my wife to play pool. The room itself was clean and comfortable and always the perfect temperature, and very romantic with the fireplace, jetted tub, and enormous shower. We hardly wanted to leave the room!

We've already booked for our anniversary next year!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We loved our recent stay in the Ross room at Abbotswood. We are a young couple so we loved the pool, hot tub, billiards and the cozy room. Roz made our stay by making us so comfortable and making such an incredible breakfast. If you're looking for a cozy place in a unique home, this is the place. We will be returning without a doubt!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We were very disapointed-hot tup had dirt and sand in it. We were to stay in the Ross room-the celing appeared to have had a leak and the celing was pealing away. The carpet was not clean. The windows were so old you could not see through them. The house overall does not seem to have been updated in 20+ years and does not appear to have had general maintance done. We were there for our 10 yr anniversary and ended up not staying and ended up driving 1 1/2 home. The pictures really make this house look nice-they are either very old pictures or are touched up--would not recommend you stay here. Have asked for a refund and have not heard anything yet
Do yourself a favor and skip this place

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leslie g
Annerosamund, Owner at Abbotswood House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Horrid review! Major correction, Leslie was never charged so the question of refund was moot and Leslie was advised of this immediately. Considering how many satisfied customers I have had, perhaps it's just as well that she returned home immediately.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I very much enjoyed staying here. The service was amazing and our stay was very relaxing. Everything was very clean and well kept.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank AArmstrong7
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I were married in July of 2011, but because of hectic schedules were not able to go on a honeymoon. We did however, get to spend the night in the Poldark Suite at this exquisite B&B. It was pure heaven! We had excellent service from our hostess, Ros. She is witty and charming and makes the best scones and lemon curd I've ever tasted...and I do mean EVER!!! After a lovely visit with Ros, my husband and I went out to dinner. Upon our return we were pleasantly surprised to find our room lit with candles and a plate of fruit and cookies at the foot of the bed. Before turning in for the night we decided to soak in the Jacuzzi tub.....very relaxing. The next morning we feasted on a breakfast fit for a king: Strawberry crepes, eggs Benedict, fresh cut fruit, and homemade scones with lemon curd. Ros knew we'd just gotten married so we also got champaign with our breakfast! My husband and I have decided that we want to come back every year and make this an annual anniversary tradition! We LOVED our stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim Y
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We loved our stay at Abbotswood.
First off a nice swim after 5 hours in the car.
Then a nap in our well appointed room.
Our Hostess Rosamund helped us find a great diner spot.
And in the morning she prepared for as a fabulous breakfast,
complete with engaging conversation. Perfect!

Room Tip: we stayed in the Poldark Suite, private entrance
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple