“An great find”

Canton Asian Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 276 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 9, 2017

I've read a few of the scathing reviews, but must tell you that we have been six times in four months, and other than the egg flower soup, which got a B+ vs an A, we have been really happy. Here's why. Fresh and authentic. Period. If you haven't been to Asia and are used to the American version of Chinese, particularly the Canton style, you probably won't like it. For instance, the hot and sour soup is made with the real mushrooms and sauces. It's too strong for a lot of people- we love it. The egg foo yung, which is my biggest gripe at most restaurants, is made to order, from scratch. It's not a frozen patty with slop on it. Truly, it's the best thing on the menu. The shrimp, while average size, is homemade batter, and the orange chicken (and sauce) is so divine I kept pilfering from my daughter. The service--it's true--is a little slow, but then you have the two owners/husband-wife, and usually one or two staff members. So yeah, take a breath and chill. Their take out business is HUGE, and I can see why. The inside is nothing to write home about, so don't bother get dressed up. But it's Coeur d'Alene. OH! Forgot to mention, health clubs abound , and the owner is great about accommodating pretty much any dietary requirements. Truth be told, when we want Chinese, we don't go anywhere else. just concentrate on the food and ignore the downsides.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank SarahGerdes

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Great little restaurant. Excellent food and good sized portions. The service was fast and polite. Will visit again.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank 332bigGiantHead
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Rice was like oatmeal, all food was just an uncared for blobby mix up. Place was so outdated that I felt like I was eating in a trailer park. Trust me, just don't do it. Yuckola.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed February 9, 2017

Service was average, food was below average. Absolute worst General Tso's chicken I've ever had. My wife's noodles were acceptable. With all the better places to eat in cda l would not ever come back here or recommend it.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This place is a bit run down, staff was friend but the General Tso's chicken was really bad. The chicken was dry and over cooked. The sauce was nothing remarkable by any means. There are WAY too many other places within walking distance to visit Canton.

Date of visit: September 2016