“Pleasant surprise”

Pepe Caldo Pizzeria
Ranked #68 of 271 Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
Price range: US$2 - US$100
Dining options: Delivery
Description: This is a true Ma n Pa owner/operator food joint... This is a NO Gamble pick for unexpected greatness... Now you can expect it!
Reviewed December 23, 2017

Ordered thin and regular crust pizzas. The thin crust was fabulous! The regular crust was just OK. The pepperoni was out of this world...not greasy at all. And the homemade sauce was fabulous, fresh tomatoes and not overly seasoned with faux garlic and oregano. Frankly the pizza quality was matched by the warmth of the owners who made dining in a joy.

Pepe Caldo unfortunately is tucked away off a main street, so it is easy to miss if you are not paying attention. I highly recommend you pay attention. This was a treat.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful pizza at this restaurant! They have some interesting specialty pizzas to choose from but hubby and I opted for a sausage, mushroom, and black olive with the red sauce . Was intrigued by the "aloha sauce" and the sweet waitress suggested a light drizzle on top of what we ordered - it gave a little sweet/zesty flavor to the great pizza - the toppings were very plentiful!! Come get some pizza or calzone and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed July 28, 2017

We found this place by doing a web search for Italian restaurants in CdA. I'm glad we checked it out. While I can't say this was the best pizza crust I've ever had, it is very good. The service was good, as well. I'd have preferred to have a beer with my pizza, and the place described in another review is not as near this restaurant as it appears to have been when that review was written.

We'll definitely try this place again!

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Had dinner with family at Pepe's. Warm atmosphere, friendly service, fun! Skateboard shop is attached, very relaxed. I especially like that this little pizza place seems to be so involved in the community. I will definitely come back when I'm in town.

Reviewed June 9, 2016

We called before they officially started delivery service but they accommodated us anyways. The "small" salad was really a large and was FANTASTIC for $4. If you're looking for delivery from a local, family owned establishment - look no further.