All reviewsguesthouse inntruck parkingroom was cleanfront desk agenttomato streetnice employeesnew carpetthe check in deskboiled eggsmake your own wafflesshopping and restaurantsthe breakfast areabobpreheatedinternetratesmicrowave
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

The room itself was inexpensive for the area. We appreciated the in-room fridge and microwave to help cut down on cost. A breakfast is provided, but it is extremely limited. You can expect the normal beverages, a couple of choices of cereal, muffins cut into quarters, boiled eggs, and DIY pancakes/waffles. However, the batter dispenser will make you want to tear your hair out as it is slower than the DMV sloth in Zootopia.

Another caution is that this Inn has 3 floors, but it doesn't have an elevator. It appeared that all three floors (even the bottom floor) will involve carrying your luggage for at least half of a flight of stairs. There are two stairways, one on each end of the building, with ample parking nearby.

The exterior doors were not terribly secure as they would stick open. Someone also kept opening the back window which was placed low enough that someone could easily enter without a key. That said, the area did not seem to be concerning and I was not worried about our safety.

There is an inexpensive Family restaurant adjacent to the parking lot (Elmer's) with decent, low-cost food. There are several other choices within walking distances and a Winco just a short drive away. Don't forget to hike Tubbs trail, even for a 20-minute walk, as the views of the lake are phenomenal.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

I stay here once in a while for work reasons. And I'm always comfortable returning. I think it's better than basic. The receptionist Bob is really helpful. He recommended a restaurant and on a previous stay I witnessed him helping a guest push start his car. How's that for excellent CS.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Bob the front desk clerk was very helpful with directions and polite. Quick checkin lots of food options clean rooms plenty of truck parking older hotel but clean and comfortable. Easy to enter and exit. Right off 90/95

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Reviews for this place when it was a Guesthouse Inn always scared me away, but seeing recent reviews since Fairbridge took over made me change my mind. Decent place, and a great rate on a third party site, gave Mom/Dad an opportunity for a nice 1-night getaway in C'dA. Our room was fine. Clean, comfortable bed with nice pillows, and flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave and new coffee maker. Now, we are not needy people, so take all that as you will. It's on a busy road, and traffic noise can not be avoided. If that might disturb your sleep, bring some gentle ear plugs. Thankfully, there was no derelict-dodging. All we saw were young families and couples, so Fairbridge has definitely cleaned this place up. Wifi worked great. Some very nice restaurants, all within walking distance. And there's a gas station/convenience store right next to it, which wound up being helpful for a few items we forgot to bring. Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. Coeur d'Alene is a beautiful town, and when you can stay there on a nice spring Saturday for $60 bucks....sign my up!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

When I came to the front desk, Bob quickly checked me in. Bob checked me into a room that was preheated, which was nice, because the day I came it was very cold & snowing outside and I had my Toddler with me who was already sick; I was in the mood for Chinese food and Bob recommended The Dragon House, just right across the highway which was amazing! He was extremely knowledgeable and very kind and helpful! Please thank Bob for his great service and recommendations!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family