“Wouldn't stay again if it was FREE” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene

Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Bigfork, Montana
“Wouldn't stay again if it was FREE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Forget FREE high speed internet....it only works if not "too many guests are using it" there were signs fir "ice and vending" on the 4th floor, yet there was NONE...had to go to the 1st floor to get ice and vending. Front desk WAS NO HELP and maint. might have had a Kindergarten level education. Pay a little more, it is worth it!!!

Room Tip: GO TO A DIFFERENT HOTEL. You get what you pay for. If you do not want to walk a mile for ice, stay...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank readingreesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Missoula, Mt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very clean hotel, Staff was nice and helpful. Pool area is big well maintained. Breakfast was good. The room was clean and smelled very nice, everything worked and the bed was so comfortable. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bigdogdriver01
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Outstanding hotel! Pleasant staff. Fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and extra sink were a bonus!!
Close to freeway, yet extremely quiet. Fresh waffles and coffee are complimentary.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank Biblit
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We had to be in the area for several weekends, so we were searching for the best motel for the best price. After several misses, we tried the Shilo Inn in Coeur d' Alene. The staff is wonderful: cheerful and happy to assist you. The rooms are spacious, accommodating (fridge, microwave, comfortable beds, television) and very clean. The price is the best you can find for those amenities. Yes, the motel is older and could use some remodeling, so if that is your priority, choose another place. If you are looking for an economical, clean, and comfortable place to spend a night or two, you can't go wrong at the Shilo Inn in Coeur d' Alene.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Connie P
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We left Missoula Montana & there was half a foot of that phony snow on the ground. You know the kind you see on TV. Fluffy, blows away. Then as we drove west, it became real. No, not more snow, but what happens to the roads with it. Slick as a tomcats tail! The Marine became quiet as he began to hold the wheel tighter. We ended up driving through the mountains around 30-35 mph. By the time we arrived at Coeur Da Lene, Idaho, we were bushed! We saw the Shilo Inn's sign & stopped. What a BLESSING! The folks couldn't have been more helpful! They found us a room, directed us to a local church & place to eat (next door) & assured us we'd be ready to resume our trip by morning! They were right! Quiet room, WONDERFUL Mattresses, great breakfast... who could ask for more? These folks went 150% when it came to trying to be helpful. They were such a blessing! Love' em! Shilo Inn's are great!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank KEMMH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My brother and I just stayed at the Shilo. We had a very nice time. We have stayed here before. The staff is extremely friendly and will go out of their way to meet your needs. The rooms are large, with refrigerator and microwave and the beds are very comfortable. Has nice breakfast set up, exercise room and is centrally located in town. We hIghly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank bignel2
Butte, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

My daughter and I travel to Silverwood every year in August to celebrate my birthday, and we have stayed at this motel several times in the past seven years. This is the only time I am writing a review, because this is the only time I was very disappointed with this hotel.
I booked our room 3 1/2 weeks in advance of our trip on Shilo Inn's own website. I asked for early check in, and a quiet (corner) room as my preferences. We arrived on Tuesday at noon, and the older man working the customer service desk informs me that that there are no rooms ready. I ask if he's sure, because I really don't want to check in at 10:00 that night when we return from Silverwood. He consults his computer and magically finds a clean room for us to have. It is in the middle of the hallway. (So, almost no early check-in, and no quiet room. Do they even read your preferences??) Then, this man proceeds to inform me that they will charge my credit card $250 for "deep cleaning" if it smells of smoke when we check out of it. He wants me to sign a form stating such, and his tone makes me feel that they will charge me $250 regardless. I inform him that I do not smoke, and neither does my daughter. (She is 12.) I inform him he will not be charging my credit card $250 as a result. He gets annoyed with me and petulantly tells me that this is their policy, and that he is just informing me of it. I say that that is fine, but he will not be charging my credit card $250. I reluctantly sign the form, and then fully expect that a $250 charge will show up on my statement. (It doesn't, of course.)
The next morning (Wednesday 8 AM), the continental breakfast was absolutely demolished, with no cold cereals left, and everything else nearly gone. (Other hotels work hard to restock their continental breakfast as necessary, but this one was the exception.) Staff was working, but definitely not restocking, nor seeming to pay attention to the breakfast war zone.
This hotel was so disappointing this trip because I have stayed here in the past, and I know how good they can be. I made two requests over 3 1/2 weeks prior when I booked & paid, and nearly didn't get either; and the staff is definitely not what they have been in the past: friendly, helpful & attentive. We won't be staying here next summer!

Room Tip: No tips- the preferences that I did make were not paid any attention.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank J C
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear J C,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review concerning your most recent stay at the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inn. I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed in your last visit with us. As you stated you’re a loyal Shilo guest. We always try to meet our guest’s requests concerning room preferences, check in times etc. The hotel does stay very busy and full throughout the summer months and this can complicate meeting requests at times. I always suggest that guests call us directly before their arrival to ensure their requests have been documented and/or arranged at that time, if possible. We do have a very strict $250 smoking fee for all of our rooms. Our intention to have this acknowledged and signed upon check-in is not to intimidate our guests but to simply clarify that we do take smoking in rooms seriously and a payment will incur if our policy is not followed. We only charge a card if the room is smoked in. We do not hold any charges on your card for this, as most guests are happy to keep our rooms smoke-free. I apologize that we were unable to provide a complete breakfast for you in the morning, I will use this as an example with my staff to ensure this is corrected and our guests are provided with all we have to offer. I hope you will give the Coeur d’ Alene Shilo Inn another chance to prove to loyal guests like yourselves how great we are.

Jamie Garcia