La Quinta Inn Sandpoint(Sandpoint)(Great Value!)
US$157
Hotel Ruby Ponderay(Ponderay)
US$110
US$107
Travelocity
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging(Sandpoint)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

TripAdvisor
Quality Inn(Sandpoint)
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2015 via mobile

We (2 adults and 2 dogs) stayed for a Friday through Monday in studio cabin 19. The cabin was well appointed and clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. This was one of the few pet friendly options we found, and there was great terrain around the resort for the dogs to run.
We cooked all of our own food in the rooms; the kitchenette was well stocked.
Disappointments were minor for this trip but could be frustrating.
Being the offseason, the pool and the market were not open. Neither was the restaurant (despite being advertised as open for dinner) so lucky we didn't depend on that for a meal, but we were given no notice.
The WiFi was spotty at best, even after we requested that reset the router. There is a huge power line structure that runs right through the middle of this property, and cabins #16 and #17 have nothing but a "power line"
view. We could find no policy/place for recycling, and there are no laundry facilites, which would be a very nice feature. There is no daily linen service, and the cleaning fee ($85!) is steep.
The one other potentially irksome thing is the attitude the management might have, based On the tone of their literature. The cancellation policy is harsh (100% forfeiture of
the reservation possible), eXtra charges for any late stay over checkout, extra $20 (plus shipping) for items left behind.
All in all,not a bad location...just be informed.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Amy N
Reviewed October 9, 2014

I had booked a cabin at this resort in August for my family of 5. The 2 nights were very expensive but we were looking forward to a bit of time away at a quiet place. Unfortunately, we had an emergency in our family and were unable to go. As this resort does not allow cancellation with full refund, and only refunds 1/2 the cost up to a certain date prior to arrival, I called the resort right away to explain the situation and ask for some info on a refund. That call was 2 days before the deadline for a "half refund". The lady I spoke with, sounded disorganized and like she was driving. She said she would call me back when she got to the resort, which I accepted as an offer of assistance. However, I did not hear back until I called again a week later. That time, I left a message, which was not returned. I called again the beginning of the week we had originally planned to arrive at the resort and again left a message. Then the day before the originally planned arrival, I called again and finally reached someone. She told me that the reservation had been cancelled and after searching for a looonngg time, was able to tell me that the resort had not charged me at all. I advised that my credit card had been charged, and the person on the other end of the phone said it was the third party agency through which I'd gone who had charged me. She advised that I call that online program (it's a well known one) and figure it out with them, that if the online booking service needing authorization to reverse the charge to have them call the resort. To make a long story short, I have done that, and when the resort was contacted for authorization, they declined and I received a less than satisfying response for the online booking agency as well (I have unsubscribed from that site obviously). My last attempt was to email the resort directly, but again, I have not heard back for the last 2 weeks.

My advice: book this resort with caution. If there are any glitches in your travel plans, you can kiss your money good-bye. Also, if you have need for customer services, well, it seems like it's best if you don't have expectations in that area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank xalaira
Alexandria L, Manager at Dover Bay Resort Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2014

Our cancellation policy is 30 days during the summer months. When I spoke with you I told you that if we were able to re-rent out the room that you had reserved I would be able to give you a full refund since we were not able to re-rent out the room I was unable to refund your money.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks
Alex Lett

Reviewed September 15, 2014

We stayed here at the end of August and found it to be a great spot if you are looking for somewhere quiet and low-key. Cabins were cute, comfortable, and clean. That said, the $65 cleaning fee is an extreme disappointment, especially at $225 a night for a little studio room. The property is on the lake, has a pool, tennis court, and is right beside the city park/ beach area. It was very quiet despite being full which was a nice treat given that I barely sleep on holidays due to all the noise from other units! Staff was very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAM314
Reviewed September 15, 2014

While we had a positive experience last year staying in a condo unit at Dover Bay, our last stay in bungalow 620 was horrible due to a sewer issue that should have been discovered and fixed prior to our stay if proper cleaning and maintenance was the standard service level at the resort. Long story short - a nasty but undetermined smell was discovered to be seeping sewage in the crawl space under the unit. For $250 a night, there is no excuse for this lack of proper maintenance. No refund or resort credit was offered. Only a reluctant night manager who finally agreed to let us move to another unit when the sewer alarm would not go off and she could not possibly force us to sleep with the noxious smell. Follow up with the resort manager was equally disappointing. At this price point, some concession should have been offered for the clearly negligent maintenance of this unit. Look elsewhere in the area as there are many other wonderful places to stay in Sandpoint with higher quality units, better location, amenities and customer service - at similar or lower pricing as well.

Room Tip: Units vary significantly, ask for photos of interior and exterior, view etc. Unit 620 is clearly a high traffic unit with carpet that needs cleaning downstairs and very basic furnishings vs. unit 624 which has a much nicer quality of furnishings and aesthetic. Do not expect cabin feel, resort feel - more like a neighborhood.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JSG2014
Reviewed September 4, 2014

We were very excited to spend the weekend here. Now I know that we can't anticipate the weather but it was terrible and we were stuck inside with our 2 young children with NO kid channels. They had Nick and that was it. For little kids their parents may prefer them to not watch cartoons like that and would rather a Disney channel. We could not connect to the WiFi there for our kids to use our iPad either. There was a cleaning fee of $65 that we were not informed about until I saw it on our receipt. The room was SO tight when we unfolded the couch that it was hard to maneuver around. The people were VERY nice but we will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family