See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

This resort is very nice and our bungalow was amazing. Our concern was that we booked this very expensive resort because we have 4 children and we planned on spending a couple days by the pool. When we went to the pool at noon we found out that it was closed due to mechanical failure of the pool cover. We understand that this can happen but our concern was the response by the attendant at the office. We went in to ask if the cover could be manually opened and she just smiled and said no, which we found hard to believe. We then asked when it would be fixed and she replied "we've called a technician". We asked if they were coming today or if they knew what time because we had 4 kids waiting to spend time in the pool. Again, she smiled and said "no idea, they've been called". We then politely said to her that we paid a large amount of money and only have a couple days and would like to know when it would be fixed, she again just smiled and said "sorry, it's out of my control". One would think that in a resort where the pool is a major feature they would be a little more motivated to fix the problem faster or at least be up front about when it can be repaired. One suggestion could have been for her to call the technician and ask for an estimated arrival time so that we could plan our day. We are now sitting here with 4 children and have one of only 4 days waisted. Very disappointing!

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Ryan G
Alexandria L, Manager at Dover Bay Resort Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2015

We apologize again for the mechanical problems we had with the pool top during your stay with us at Dover Bay Resort. We know and understand how precious vacation time with family and friends is. Thankfully the repairman was able to fix the problem that same day. We hope you were able to enjoy the pool during the rest of your stay. We look forward to being given the opportunity to be your choice of a vacation venue in the future!

Reviewed June 14, 2015

My husband and I stayed at Dover Bay Resort June, 2015. We were in a very nice studio room facing the lake. It was VERY NICE, well equipped with supplies for cooking our meals and eating on the deck on the lake. We BBQ'd twice using the propane BBQ. The Queen Bed was very comfortable, as well as the bathroom very adequate and nicely decorated, large closet, sofa, chairs, tables. We were very pleased. We needed another room for Friday night and the one we stayed in wasn't available so management rented us to stay in another studio, cleaning fee waived. We were able to move into this room on Friday morning and did not have to wait until 4p.m. check-in. Management handled the situation beautifully. There are wonderful trails and places to bike and walk at this resort, beaches, boat rentals, a fitness club and pool which I used twice. This resort is 3 miles west of Sandpoint, Idaho. Our stay was very relaxing.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our lakefront cabin very much. All rooms are walking distance to the lakeviews.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2015 via mobile

We (2 adults and 2 dogs) stayed for a Friday through Monday in studio cabin 19. The cabin was well appointed and clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. This was one of the few pet friendly options we found, and there was great terrain around the resort for the dogs to run.
We cooked all of our own food in the rooms; the kitchenette was well stocked.
Disappointments were minor for this trip but could be frustrating.
Being the offseason, the pool and the market were not open. Neither was the restaurant (despite being advertised as open for dinner) so lucky we didn't depend on that for a meal, but we were given no notice.
The WiFi was spotty at best, even after we requested that reset the router. There is a huge power line structure that runs right through the middle of this property, and cabins #16 and #17 have nothing but a "power line"
view. We could find no policy/place for recycling, and there are no laundry facilites, which would be a very nice feature. There is no daily linen service, and the cleaning fee ($85!) is steep.
The one other potentially irksome thing is the attitude the management might have, based On the tone of their literature. The cancellation policy is harsh (100% forfeiture of
the reservation possible), eXtra charges for any late stay over checkout, extra $20 (plus shipping) for items left behind.
All in all,not a bad location...just be informed.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Amy N
Reviewed October 9, 2014

I had booked a cabin at this resort in August for my family of 5. The 2 nights were very expensive but we were looking forward to a bit of time away at a quiet place. Unfortunately, we had an emergency in our family and were unable to go. As this resort does not allow cancellation with full refund, and only refunds 1/2 the cost up to a certain date prior to arrival, I called the resort right away to explain the situation and ask for some info on a refund. That call was 2 days before the deadline for a "half refund". The lady I spoke with, sounded disorganized and like she was driving. She said she would call me back when she got to the resort, which I accepted as an offer of assistance. However, I did not hear back until I called again a week later. That time, I left a message, which was not returned. I called again the beginning of the week we had originally planned to arrive at the resort and again left a message. Then the day before the originally planned arrival, I called again and finally reached someone. She told me that the reservation had been cancelled and after searching for a looonngg time, was able to tell me that the resort had not charged me at all. I advised that my credit card had been charged, and the person on the other end of the phone said it was the third party agency through which I'd gone who had charged me. She advised that I call that online program (it's a well known one) and figure it out with them, that if the online booking service needing authorization to reverse the charge to have them call the resort. To make a long story short, I have done that, and when the resort was contacted for authorization, they declined and I received a less than satisfying response for the online booking agency as well (I have unsubscribed from that site obviously). My last attempt was to email the resort directly, but again, I have not heard back for the last 2 weeks.

My advice: book this resort with caution. If there are any glitches in your travel plans, you can kiss your money good-bye. Also, if you have need for customer services, well, it seems like it's best if you don't have expectations in that area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank xalaira
Alexandria L, Manager at Dover Bay Resort Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2014

Our cancellation policy is 30 days during the summer months. When I spoke with you I told you that if we were able to re-rent out the room that you had reserved I would be able to give you a full refund since we were not able to re-rent out the room I was unable to refund your money.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks
Alex Lett

Reviewed September 15, 2014

We stayed here at the end of August and found it to be a great spot if you are looking for somewhere quiet and low-key. Cabins were cute, comfortable, and clean. That said, the $65 cleaning fee is an extreme disappointment, especially at $225 a night for a little studio room. The property is on the lake, has a pool, tennis court, and is right beside the city park/ beach area. It was very quiet despite being full which was a nice treat given that I barely sleep on holidays due to all the noise from other units! Staff was very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple