“My family was happy.”

Super 8 Driggs
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Driggs
“My family was happy.”
Reviewed 14 January 2011

My room was very large and clean. Whitney, the lady at the front desk was extremely polite. I REALLY enjoyed the hot tub and HEATED pool. It was a wonderful value. I wish my room would not of had a large stain on the floor. My room also had very old microwave and refrigerator. OLD!!! The morning lady, Helen, was also very friendly.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank MichaelMichelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 September 2010

First off, for the money, this was much better than a stay in Jackson. Our room was clean and pretty large.

The service left a lot to be desired. We made the reservation online, and checked in with a giant ball of sunshine (sarcasm) named Codi. She acted like our presence was causing her the worst migraine ever. I tried to write it off as perhaps just that. Later, our toilet became clogged and we called the front desk for a plunger. After about ten rings, our girl Codi answers and says she'll bring it up. After an hour, we go down to the front desk and she says she got busy. Interesting, since there weren't many guests at the hotel. Next morning we get up early to go to the park and find we can't check out because the front desk is closed (6:30 am). So we ring the bell and a few minutes later a woman in her pajamas comes down and checks us out. Continental breakfast starts at 7, so we missed it, although I'm not sure we missed much.

Stay here if you have to save money, not if you want to stay in a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Andrewlutes
Minnesota
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We were all pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. It had a large bathroom with a sink, plus another sink and counter outside the bathroom. The room was very comfortable with a mini fridge and microwave. My kids loved the pool which they said was very warm. The beds were a bit too soft, and the pillows too flat. The breakfast was very basic. The second morning I was disappointed to find that my fork had food stuck to it, and there were plates that were also not clean. But overall we were very happy staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Looking for a quiet place to stay with views of the Tetons, this is the place! After spending a few days in Jackson Hole, we thought we would go over the Teton Pass and try Driggs Idaho. We are glad we did. Helen checked us in at the hotel, she was helpful and friendly. Our room was large & clean, had 2 queen beds, frig and microwave. If you had a family, there would be plently of room for 1 or 2 rollaway beds. Be sure to check out Miso Hungry and Tony's Pizza for great food. They are both on the main road in Driggs. The hotel provides free breakfast in the morning. It was OK. The valley around Driggs is very pretty.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Penetanguishene, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Very pleased with this hotel.. The room is huge, has a fridge and microwave, great internet connection. Large breakfast room, and guess what... real china and silverware. I will definetely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Redding, California
Reviewed 27 June 2010

All sorts of problems with my stay. Upon first entering my room and using the toilet I found that it leaked greatly upon flushing. I temporarily "fixed" it by placing plastic over the leaking valve. After the maintenance man looked at it he said he would fix it the next day and that my "fix" was adequate for the time being. The TV remote didn't work. And I was told that I needed to find a laundermat to wash my clothes rather than use the in-house facilities.

This motel has no elevator eventhough it is a multi-story motel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ajay2
Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed at the Super 8 Hotel for two nights because we wanted to enjoy the quiet side of the Tetons. We wanted to enjoy sunrise over the mountains. After commenting during the day that this was probably one of the best rooms we stayed in during our 24 day vacation (clean, spacious and comfortable beds), we came back to our room to find that used towels were removed but not replaced and that bedding was merely pulled up (in no shape or form a properly made bed). The first night we had to call for toilet paper. After talking with the front desk, I did not feel there was enough concern. Even though we didn't think the staff was rude, we also did not think they had good people skills. That, in our experiences is what makes a place memorable. If they want Super 8 to be a first choice this must change. I would recommend this place but also let them know what could be expected.

• Stayed August 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Driggs
1.5 km away
5.3 km away
Teton Hostel HideAway B&B
11.5 km away
Dreamcatcher Bed and Breakfast

Been to Super 8 Driggs? Share your experiences!