“Great value, good breakfast, fast internet”

Best Western Driftwood Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This is an older motel that has undergone a recent and very successful renovation. It is in a beautiful location on the Snake River, across from the LDS temple. Breakfast (included in the cost of the room) was very good, with an omelet bar and waffles, etc. All rooms are non-smoking. Internet was fast and reliable. Rooms had a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 November 2011

clean and very good value great location to browse the sites and look at the cities water display

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I chose this hotel because it allows dogs, I had a AAA discount and the location sounded nice. I spent one night here on my way to Wyoming with my pooch, and found myself wishing I could have stayed longer. The location was great, right across from the Snake River with a park along it that one can walk along for quite a ways. The buildings are old-style 1960s upscale motel, which I found charming, but the rooms are beautifully remodeled and refurbished, and quite spacious--at least my room was. The bed was very comfortable and I didn't have any problems with noise. I really enjoyed my stay here and would come back anytime.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Arriving at the BW Driftwood Inn you may think that your room neighbor could be Fonzie. The architecture and the general arrangement of the building reminds the fifties-sixties era, but the room interiors are rimodeled and conveniently furnished.
We had a downstairs room whose only drawback is size, especially when occupied by two beds. I don't know if other rooms are larger.
The evening and the morning receptionists were both affable and courteous, the former helped me finding a place by printing a Map Quest itinerary for me.
Morning breakfast was better than average.
The real plus of this property is LOCATION. It sits right by the famous falls in a very quiet and position facing a nice city park. This offers the opportunity for morning jogging or for a relaxing stroll.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank timeflyer
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Location is most important and this motel has it! It is right on the river walk, perfect for a morning stroll, run and dog walk! Dog charge was reasonable, and the walk outside room was perfect for her. A few restaurants are within walking distance.. and the "downtown" is merely a 12 minute walk. In addition, this motel is clean, beds are comfortable, furnishings are pleasing, TV is high tech. The work out room is brand new and state of the art! It includes a pleasant hot tub area surrounded by a granite floor. The breakfast is above the norm for a Best W... the gal was making omelets! The service was friendly and accommodating. We have found our spot when passing thru Idaho Falls!

Room Tip: Ask for a river front..it is first come, though!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loveitoutdoors
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This hotel is charming in both its location and setup. We were a little let down that our room with a "view of the falls" was actually on the first floor about 10 feet from the road.. yes it was facing the falls but people were constantly walking right by the window so we had to keep the curtains closed anyway. The room was clean, the bed was really comfortable and there was a small kitchenette with a fridge and table and chairs. The shower was nice and hot and they were gracious about giving us extra pillows as per our request. The TV reception was a little inconsistent and fuzzy at times, someone staying above (?) us was playing guitar a lot into the night and at about 6 am a smoke alarm went off in the hallway, waking us up. I think these noises were amplified because our room was on the first floor off a hallway instead of facing outside only. The staff was nice and helpful and the free breakfast was good.
They did charge us $20 for "incidentals" on top of what they charged us for the room, which they said would be credited back to our account later, but not for a few days. I don't have a problem with that hold IF it was mentioned when we booked the room - but it wasn't. I booked the room over the phone and had a total given to me, and this extra charge was not included or mentioned at all whatsoever. So they just went ahead and did it, which is kind of an abuse of having someone's credit card info. I could overlook the other things that detracted from the stay but not that. Overall it's a cute motel with a neat look to it and the location is fantastic because you can easily walk to great places, so the good points probably outweigh the bad here. All in all it was pretty decent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_Bestlove
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We got a river front room, which was really great as we had a lawn right out our door. The river walk trails were just across the street and we could walk to where we wanted to set up for the 4th of July fireworks; the largest show west of the Missippi. They let us keep our dog in the room during the fireworks too. Great location and we didn't have to book that far ahead.

Room Tip: The online reservation let me choose a riverfront room that was approved for dogs. When I called t...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple