All reviews the river would stay again bed was comfortable dog laura housekeeper
Reviewed March 14, 2016

March 4, 2016
Found the overall Inn dated, specially the hallways.
We noticed 2 dogs in the hallway on our way to the room.
Our room was on the east side with a beautiful river view that was renovated in the last 2 years and was nice. The room was clean, quiet, had a comfortable bed and had all the amenities required for a comfortable one night stay including a small fridge. A/C worked well and was fairly quiet. Staff was very pleasant. Continental breakfast was good with a large choice of items in a comfortable nice area. Check in & out efficient with pleasant staff. I would stay for the night again.

Room tip: Had east side room with excellent view of river beyond parking lot. Room was quiet for the night but low occupancy.
Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank MLtravellers
Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

Apparently the entire staff knew that one whole side of the building is full of mold. I can't believe this hotel is open. When I woke up the next day and couldn't breath, that's when I discovered it. I laid down on the bed I did not sleep in and it was covered. I ended up forgetting something in the room when I left and when I came back the maid service did not even strip the bed I didn't sleep in. They just cleaned where it was obvious I had been. I complained to the manager about the mold and she proceeded to draw me a map of the hotel layout and show me that one whole side of the building was contaminated and needed redone. They didn't even offer me a free night. Rude management and why they are renting rooms contaminated with toxic mold is beyond me.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brook B
Reviewed November 15, 2015

If you like to stay in places from the 60's this is it. The room was clean and the desk staff was nice and helpful. So if you want a place that is affordable to stay in just for sleeping, it works very well. It's not very impressive otherwise. The sink in our room acted like it was full of hair or something it drained so slowly. The workout room is lousy. The equipment is so old it fits right in with the general look of the hotel. The bike was so old it had a turn knob to adjust the seat. And it must be stripped. I started out okay, but by the time I was done my knees were up around my ears. The treadmill is so old and basic setting it for what I needed was a pain. There were no towels. The air conditioner was apparently broken. The hot tub had mold or moss growing around the edge of the tub. Yuck! If you just want a place to sleep at night, this would probably work.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed November 13, 2015

While on a 2,800-mile road trip, we had the misfortunate of deciding to stay at the Guesthouse Inn & Suites in Idaho Falls. Yes, price was the motivating factor, but you really do get what you pay for. This place should be shut down. Our room had really comfortable beds and pillows, but that is the only good thing I can say. The walls had been touched up with paint that didn't match the original, but that was OK for the price. What wasn't OK was the bathroom. I am posting photos of what we encountered. There was a hole under the door jam, through which were passing winged bugs that I cannot identify. There is a photo of the hole and one of the bugs that settled in the rust-stained bathroom sink. Too boot, there was mold around the bathtub/shower. (Another photo). When I went to get ice, the condition of the whole structure became apparent as there was broken sheetrock and mold near the base of the ice machine (another photo). The hallway carpet appears to have been placed over deteriorating flooring as the surface is uneven and wavy. I could go on but I hope you get the picture. Avoid this dump.

Room tip: I doubt there is a good room in this place.
Date of stay: October 2015
3  Thank fords4ever
Reviewed October 29, 2015

The room has large and comfy. My husband like the recliner in the room. The location is right on the snake river in walking distance to the man made Idaho Falls. There is a nice walking path on the otherside of the canal. They have a indoor pool and hot tub but I did not have time to enjoy it. They are close to restaurants and shopping. They have breakfast in the morning but we picked the same time as a busload of Japanese tourists to go to the breakfast room and it was really picked over. The guy stocking up the breakfast could not keep up at all. My only other complaint is that the ice machine on our floor was broke.

Date of stay: September 2015