Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Nice little zoo!

For a small town like Idaho Falls to have their own zoo they have done a great job for a zoo. It... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jennifer E
via mobile
Nice little zoo

My family and I have been to this zoo many times and it’s always a good experience. It’s small but... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Stefani M
Idaho Falls, Idaho
via mobile

All reviews small city wide variety of animals red panda snow leopard cool animals endangered species well taken care special events few hours whole family great job penguins tiger goats size shade enclosures
Reviewed August 5, 2018

We stopped at this zoo on our relaxing day - it was small enough to easily walk and see everything but still had a good amount of interesting animals. The keepers were around to talk about the animals and explain some of their behaviors.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

This little Zoo is just perfect for a day trip. A variety of animals and birds, and lots of shade. The city takes great pride in this nice attraction.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I like to visit different zoos when I'm on vacation. My vacation, this time, brought me to Idaho Falls. This was a great discovery. You'd hardly know it's there. It's kind of like a neighborhood zoo.

The admission price was quite fair, $7.50 for an adult. I spent a pleasant hour there walking around looking at the various primates, cats (Lions, Serval, and Tiger), though I didn't get to see the tiger. I believe that she was sleeping somewhere.

For such a small zoo, they have a number of animals that, I think, can maintain your interest. The zoo is well-kept and the volunteers and employees that I encountered were quite nice.

In particular, I spent about 15 minutes talking to Erika about the African Penguins and about one in particular, Oliver. That's the kind of interaction that I like to have, that makes the zoo more interesting, personal.

I would recommend to anyone who was passing through this area and who likes zoos to stop by. I don't think that they'd be disappointed.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

This is a very nice small zoo. Great for travelers with kids. Loved the giant tortoises, serval cat, red pandas and snow leopard because we hadn't seen them before.

1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The zoo is always changing and getting better each time we visit. For such a small city, the zoo has quite a bit to see and it is fun to take kids there to see the sights. There is an area where kids can mingle with some of the animals and they have learning stations. You can feed some of the animals with supervision. The water feature was bit more dirty than I remember, but I am sure that happens. It is still a good zoo to visit.