“Afternoon outing”

Idaho Falls Zoo at Tautphaus Park
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Idaho Falls
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We were impressed with the variety of animals that we saw at the zoo. The zoo was clean, very mild odors, and all employees at the facility were excellent. We encountered several animal specialists who provided additional information about the animals. The admission to visit the zoo was very reasonable. Large trees provided shade on a hot August day. Take your family it’s a great afternoon adventure!

Date of experience: August 2018
in 22 reviews
"enclosures"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2018

We stopped at this zoo on our relaxing day - it was small enough to easily walk and see everything but still had a good amount of interesting animals. The keepers were around to talk about the animals and explain some of their behaviors.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018

This little Zoo is just perfect for a day trip. A variety of animals and birds, and lots of shade. The city takes great pride in this nice attraction.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I like to visit different zoos when I'm on vacation. My vacation, this time, brought me to Idaho Falls. This was a great discovery. You'd hardly know it's there. It's kind of like a neighborhood zoo.

The admission price was quite fair, $7.50 for an adult. I spent a pleasant hour there walking around looking at the various primates, cats (Lions, Serval, and Tiger), though I didn't get to see the tiger. I believe that she was sleeping somewhere.

For such a small zoo, they have a number of animals that, I think, can maintain your interest. The zoo is well-kept and the volunteers and employees that I encountered were quite nice.

In particular, I spent about 15 minutes talking to Erika about the African Penguins and about one in particular, Oliver. That's the kind of interaction that I like to have, that makes the zoo more interesting, personal.

I would recommend to anyone who was passing through this area and who likes zoos to stop by. I don't think that they'd be disappointed.

Date of experience: July 2018