See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

The rooms were very clean the price was very reasonable the staff was very kind considerate helpful the facilities offered at this place are very nice the parking is nice right outside your room the staff periodically furnishes a little Barbecue on Sundays for their guest which was very nice

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JosephSindelar
Reviewed June 27, 2017

I arrived late with a coupon, and was given a room, even though they had to 'upgrade' me.
I was given room 28, which had hardwood flooring. I believe it to be the first time I have seen that in a motel room! (Picture has been uploaded) It turned out that Room 28 most likely was the only room with that. As a test, I understand.

The bed was OK, but most of the other furniture may need an update. I also saw holes in the claywalls here and there.

The room had a coffee maker, a fridge and maybe more. I did not use any of it.

The free internet only worked outside! Best on the other side of the central parking area.

Staff was friendly, and I may come back.

Note: An active railroad runs by across the street! I could barely hear it from my room, but those closer to the road may be worse off.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2016

Nice motel, nice owners. Vintage rooms but really peculiar, I absolutely loved it! Felt like we timetravelled back to the 80s :) Good price, we stopped there coming back from Yellowstone and found the motel on the way. There are many restaurants in the neighbourhood (we had a pizza-to-go at Papa John's, very tasty!)

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2015

The City.
Starting out in 1865 as nothing more than a wooden bridge over Snake River (called Taylors Crossing) a town proper had already emerged in 1866 by the name of Eagle Rock. In 1891 a city wote decided on a new name: Idaho Falls.

The Waterfall.
A few years later, the city counsil agreed on the transformation of the rapids in the town part of Snake River (already for years the rapids themselves had been called Idaho Falls) into a 365 m long, and 6 meter high concrete dam alongside the lengthwise fault in the middle of the river, thereby creating a waterfall proper. This long, even and smooth waterfall has been the iconic emblem of the city ever since.
The surplus water in the thus contained eastern part of Idaho Falls waterfall feeds a hydroelectric power plant.

Motel.
In Idaho Falls it dawned upon me, that the motels along the old highways (in this case number 91) are cheaper than those along the modern-day motorway (number 15). However, in any event be sure to ask for a non-smoking room in order not to puke.

Room tip: The rooms lie about 50 meter from the old local South Yellowstone Highway (number 91), so their windows look at the tranquil Snake River.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2015

$37 w/ coupon you can find at state rest areas. Truck & trailer parking next door.
Wifi is great - nice room w/great a.c. Snacks in the lobby. Older well built block structure. You cannot get a better deal !

Date of stay: June 2015