“No thank you but we appreciate the gesture.”

Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Jackson, Wyoming
“No thank you but we appreciate the gesture.”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have stayed in a few Hampton Inn's and they have been really nice, clean and seemingly sleek in their design. This one was disappointing. I live nearby and wanted to have a little getaway with my boyfriend. The best things about this hotel: the staff's friendliness and the breakfast. Other than that, it was blah. The first room we were put in did not have a functioning toilet and the shower had not been cleaned (soap and such all over the walls). The second room we went to was smaller, but fine. Until 6am when we heard EVERYTHING about our upstairs neighbor's morning routine. Then the hallway noise began which was equally as disturbing. It seemed like there was really poor insullation in the ceiling and the walls. If you are a heavy sleeper then perhaps this won't be a problem. Otherwise, choose another place. I booked on Priceline so I didn't have a chance to read about the hotel. Next time I'll look on TripAdvisor and skip the "deep discounts" to avoid sleepness nights and dirty tubs. I did appreciate the staff's kindness and cheerfulness. They suggested I always ask for a third floor room. Although I wish they had just put me in one, as the hotel was fairly empty, I will definitely use this advice for my next (non-Hampton Inn) hotel stay.

Room Tip: Choose the third floor at the end of the hallway to lessen noise disturbance.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Thank you for noticing the friendliness of the staff and the breakfast. We take great pride in our guest service and I'll share your comments with the staff.

I am sorry for the experience you had with the rooms. I assure you this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are passing through. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Kirk Hansen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I can honestly say I was expecting a lot more than what we got. We have stayed in soo many Hampton Inn's over the years and this one was just wasn't up to the standard that others are. The breakfast was pretty sad. My kids were very disappointed. They had a hard time finding anything other than waffles that looked appealing. We needed to use the washer and dryer and the dryer was broken. Undoubtedly, according the the front desk lady, it had been broken for months. Well, when you have multiple children and are counting on a working washer and dryer it isn't pleasant to find one that is broken. The lobby was always very busy. It is quite small- so it was very loud all the time. The pool was clean, small- approx 24 x 16 feet. As with most indoor pools it was very humid in the room and the chlorine smell just about knocks you off your feet- but the kids loved it. The hot-tub is very old and didn't seem super clean. The pool towels were HAND TOWELS- so you had to use several in order to dry off. The room was fine. The beds were high and the mattresses were okay. LOVED the huge desk- which is ususally found in their hotels. Nice flatscreen- however the cable selection was quite small. The hotel is located near the mall and lots of stores. The urgent care is very close- and there is a pharmacy right across the street from the hotel and a post office was close too. This hotel is NOT near the airport or the FALLS. But you have to think about the fact that you can practically drive from one end of this city to the other in about 20 minutes so that wasn't a big deal for us. We felt safe in the hotel and I didn't worry about the kids running down to get hot-chocolate in the lobby. The bathroom counter is granite and has the open shelving below- which is nice. Plus there are several bathroom hooks- which makes it super nice for everyone to hang up their LL BEAN toiletry bags. The bathroom is not super huge and the sink is in the bathroom- so that is a bit frustrating- but over all it wasn't a bad place to stay. I do feel that the price was quite high for the size of the room and the location- but since the company was paying for it I didn't worry too much about that! Would I stay here again? Probably. I do have to say that it was nice to grab the little bagged breakfast when we were leaving at 4am- the kids said that was the best part of the stayand I agree.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
We appreciate the time you took to complete such a detailed review of your recent stay. We greatly appreciate the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that the guest dryer was not in working condition when you were here, and would like to assure you that we take great pride in our hotel and work hard to promptly make any repairs that are needed.
We hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us again.

sbktravels
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The hotel was you standard Hampton Inn. Nice room, free breakfast, evening socials, etc. The room was clean and comfortable for sleeping. The staff was friendly and accomadating. The "gym" on site is a disgrace and should be eliminated or rebuilt. It is about 10' x 10' with some really dated equipment. The hotel does give free passes to a local helath club which was great, but I didn't care for the idea of having to go offsite. Pleanty of resturants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful comments on the cleanliness of our hotel, and the friendlness of the staff.
I apologize that our fitness area was not accomodating to your needs. We do offer a day pass and shuttle service to a local gym. Our front desk staff can also direct you to a local park with a great walking path.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope you'll stay with us again the next time your travels bring you this way.

All the best,

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We travel to Idaho Falls quite often for business and found this hotel to be the best place to stay.

Room Tip: Great Clean Rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tammy S
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Idaho Falls Hampton Inn. We appreciate your comments and agree that this is the best place to stay.

Hope to see you again soon!

Many thanks,

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Hotel was a long way from the freeway. My room had a toilet smell but the front desk said they couldn't do anything about it. Hampton says everywhere that they have a "100% satisfaction guarantee", but they didn't even come close. Next time we will stay somewhere else for less.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PauletteGraham
We appreciate the time you took to complete a review on our hotel. We deeply regret that your stay with us was a negative experience.
We take great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms of our hotel, and apologize for the smell you experienced. Unfortunately during the summer months, we are unable to make room changes due to a full hotel.
We apologize for the discomfort, and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Idaho Falls.

Edmonton
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Room smelled terrible. We were willing to pay extra to upgrade to another room but management and staff were dismissive.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MKD_Canada
Hampton Inn I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We regret that your visit with us was a negative experience.
Unfortunately, you were booked into a smoking room with a 3rd party site. Due to the full occupancy of the hotel, we were unable to make an upgrade or room change during our busiest part of the summer.
We apologize for your discomfort, and we hope you will try us again the next time you are passing through.

All the best,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My grandson and I stayed here for one night on a 2-week vacation. The hotel was spotless, the staff very courteous, and of course the breakfast was up to Hampton standards. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I had a great night's sleep. I loved the fitness room, which contained a total fitness machine as well as the standard cardio machines. The location was close to a great little diner and not a bad drive to the falls in town. This Hampton was of higher quality than many very expensive hotels I have stayed at in the past. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelerUSAWorld
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback you had for our hotel and staff.
I agree that we have a wonderful staff and a great hotel. I'm so glad to hear that your experience was a fantastic one.
We look forward to seeing you and your grandson the next time you are in Idaho Falls.

See you next time!