All reviews the river fish yellowstone park west entrance honeymoon suite a bit overpriced two queen beds first floor log cabin minute drive dave lodge idaho pillows cook fireplace mt
Reviewed September 1, 2018

We love this place! It is a beautiful fly fishing lodge right on the bank of Henry's Fork river. You can sit on the deck of the restaurant or your room and watch the Osprey fish right out of the river, sometimes even eagles, and moose. It is so peaceful and beautiful. The rooms are quaint with log furniture and the restaurant was delicious! A pleasant surprise for the area.

Room Tip: ask for a river front view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Zoegirl100
Jenifer B, Guest Relations Manager at Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that you had a great time and hope you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

We booked this place in Feb of 2018 at 300 dollars per night for a July Yellowstone trip. Upon arrival, we realized that that location is truly too inconvenient for a parents with kids to make it a viable home base for Yellowstone exploring. The establishment itself is very out of the way, with nothing around except another few properties and a totally dilapidated house / inn on the corner that makes you feel worrisome about your stay at Angler's. The room was a bit dusty and the beds weren't comfortable. The fridge barely worked. There was a jacuzzi tub in our room that didn't work the entire time. One of the days we came back from Yellowstone, we found that our front door had been left open by housekeeping. I see now that this place is "50 %" off the price we paid. I wouldn't pay more than 100 bucks to stay here and only in an emergency. The staff of young people were nice enough but if Yellowstone is your goal, stay in West Yellowstone.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Jennifer K
Jenifer B, Guest Relations Manager at Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for your review.
The majority of our guests stay here because we are only 36 miles from Yellowstone making it quite convenient for many, but we understand that might not be convenient for all. I have 6 kids, so I understand that with kids staying as close to your final destination is a big deal. However we cannot control the distance to the Park.
Island Park is known primarily for it's world class fishing and outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, and horseback riding. Island Park being "out of the way" is one of the things that attracts most of its visitors. People come here to escape the hustle and bustle. They come to Island Park for it's location and the peace of being a little isolated.
Things we can address and appreciate your feedback on are things like the room being dusty. Our housekeepers have been told to make sure to double check and dust thoroughly. The mattresses are brand new, most folks find them comfortable, but mattresses being comfy vary by who is using them. Equipment sometimes fails us over time, but the fridge and Jacuzzi in both Jacuzzi suites has been checked and are in excellent working order now. Housekeeping doesn't usually leave doors unlocked and this was addressed right away. Price varies due to the date stayed, we are a seasonal business and prices fluctuate due to demand and season, but it is always around $300 in July at the peak of our season.
The building that you mentioned won't be there much longer as we have plans to tear those down and build something amazing. The land is being developed and we have big plans for that particular section. They might not be new and beautiful but they are safe, and temporary.
I'm glad to hear the the staff treated you all well, and we appreciate all your feedback.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We were on a boys motorcycle trip and ended up in West Yellowstone. I called out to Anglers for rates based on a previous trip in 2017. The gentleman quoted us for Anglers and their sister property. We decided to head 30 minutes West for a chance to ride into Idaho and eat at Trout Hunter. We got to the desk and a different attendant was at the desk. She quoted us $30 higher for each room. The gentleman and hotels.com were similar in price. I told her what we were quoted and she wouldn’t listen. She didn’t even try to find the gentleman that answered earlier. She treated us like crap, and at times ignored us so she could give a friend a free pop from their $2 fridge.

I talked to the general manager about it when he was in, and his response was “what are you looking for $30 bucks?” No I could care less about the $30... It’s the attitude and lack of quality customer service that I like to know about as a supervisor.

If you are between rooms at anglers and River Bend I’d stay at River Bend it’s nicer. The only drawback is it’s across the highway from the river. The bonus is it’s close to Trout Hunter which has better food than Anglers Lodge.

Stayed: July 2018
4  Thank TravisS397

I am sorry to hear of your poor experience with our staff and manager. I'm sure he didn't mean to come across that way as he is actually a really great guy. If he came across rude in anyway I do extend my apology. I'd like to know who the front desk attendant was at the time of your check in. If you'd like to email me Jenifer at jb.anglerslodge@gmail.com with even a description of her then I can deal with that issue personally.
We appreciate all reviews whether negative or positive. We prefer positive ones, but the negative ones are priceless as they help us as managers to fix the things we may not have seen. We are however happy that enjoyed River Bend Lodge, as that is ours as well.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Angler’s lodge was quite an unexpected surprise. There’s not a lot to choose from in Island Park, but we made the right choice. Braxton at the front desk was fantastic and helpful. The food at their restaurant was fantastic and the property was tastefully redone.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas G
Reviewed July 16, 2018

As someone who works as a travel consultant and travels 100+ days a year I would suggest you all KEEP ON DRIVING! Don't stay here. It was $182.00 per night and wasn't safe. (Keep in mind I just stayed at the Springhill Marriott in in Jackson Hole the week prior for $199 per night). This isn't the Marriott and they should stop price-gouging tourists!

There was NO air conditioning, NO heater, NO SMOKE ALARM (against code), NO fire door (also against code) the door was a hollow core door similar to what you would have on a closet. The lock wasn't secure, and NO chain to even give you a false sense of security. COLD shower. There were missing light bulbs in the bathroom. The attention to detail was poor at best with lights being installed upside down, exterior lights inside, terrible tile job, dirty window blinds, three remotes for the t.v. and bad reception. WiFi didn't work great either. Highway noise and the view was a view of the wall and if I went outside my room, then I could see across the street and then the river. The bed was mediocre at best. The rug was cute but a trip hazard and the towels were soft but that's all it had going for it.

I asked the gal at the front desk to have the manager call me but he didn't. He instead told the gal that he would give me an upgrade for $30 more. This doesn't seem to make sense to me considering I was already frustrated and the hotel isn't up to code.

The manager should have given me a free night and apologized profusely. But he chose not to. I asked for the manager, Brandon Wheeler, to call me and he didn't until after I was already checked out and I missed his call. I called him back but he doesn't seem to ever be available to take calls.

I have contacted the Fire Marshall and left a message about the lack of code items. After checking around town, it seems that this building was to be condemned but they managed to somehow "fix" it. Hopefully, my call saves someones life.

I wouldn't recommend this to hotel to anyone. They simply don't seem to care about your safety or making things right. There are several camping cabins in the area that would have been a better and safer place to stay. Just KEEP ON DRIVING and don't be fooled by the pretty flowers out front!

Room Tip: Drive on past.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Nicole T

First of all I'd like to say that we are so very sorry that your stay in Island Park was a fail on the part of the hotel especially. However I'd like to ask you to please retract this review and post it to the proper hotel. This is NOT the Angler's Lodge you have pictured here. The pictures you have posted are of the RIVER LODGE also in Island Park Idaho, but across the highway about 1 mile away.
While both locations are owned by the same owners they are separate businesses.
The river lodge is a new remodel and still a work in progress, where as the angler's lodge is a 20 year old business and running like clockwork. They are not the same location.
We appreciate all feedback whether it is negative or positive. Every employee will see this review, we will make sure of it. The owners have seen it, all managers have seen it, and we are working to resolve ALL the issues at the RIVER LODGE....across the street.
However for the sake of accuracy I am asking you to place this review on the right page.
I also apologize that you where unable to speak to the general manager at the time of your stay.
If you have any further suggestions,or complaints I'd love to handle them with you personally. You have my full attention. jb.anglersloge@gmail.com My name is Jenifer and I am happy to discuss this with you ASAP.