See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We recently spent 4 days at the River Dance Lodge where 46 family members (15 children)
enjoyed a family reunion. What a wonderful location just accross the road from the Middle fork of the Clearwater River and surrounded by forest. Our group occupied 6 of the 8 cabins which was ideal, as we felt we had our own private resort. We enjoyed many activities, including daily hikes along the rivers, fishing and swimming at beaches nearby, horseback riding, as well as gently rafting w/grandchildren down the Lochsa and Clearwater River. Our guide, Bryce, pointed out to us spectacular sightings including osprey, bald eagles and a golden eagle. We BBQ'd daily at one of the cabins for the entire group and had a nice large picnic area with firepit and lots of open space for kids to play. The staff was always available to us, very friendly and professional. Jodie was always ready with a smile to looked after us as if we were her own family. The cabins were modern, spacious w/complete furnishings, all the comforts of home. The large decks served us well for our group gatherings, and the kids loved playing together in the hot tubs. We were concerned initally about refrigerator space, however the staff provided us w/ice as we needed it and we were able to keep food in ice chests. We would highly recommend the River Dance Lodge as a fantastic place to spend a great wilderness vacation or family reunion.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I did a one day raft trip on th Lochsa, and stayed 2 nights in the Glamping Tent. The staff was friendly, and the entire experiance exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this to anyone

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank cwmintex
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband & I recently spent a long weekend @ River Dance Lodge making it an all-inclusive package with 2 days of white water rafting on the Lochsa and meals at the Syringa Cafe. The cabins are modern and very clean the staff made sure our every need was met. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. This is a wilderness area with the most awesome beauty right outside your door. We watched some wildlife in the early morning right out our window. If you are looking for a pristinely manicured landscape that is not what this setting is about. If they had that the wild wildlife would most likely eat it all. This is about nature and its beauty and simplicity. We enjoyed all of the meals at the cafe they actually have a chef (Joe) who is very creative and meals were health orientated. Our rafting experiences is the primary thing that brings us to the River Dance Lodge. The guides are amazing in their professional training and safety of their customers has always been of the utmost importance to them. Oh and looking good! Our guide Ben H. was an outstanding young man that was a pleasure to meet and be on the river with for two days. Even if I did become an official member of the Lochsa River Swim Team. I never felt unsafe with this youngman in charge. Peter Grubb (the owner) runs a class act Adventure Company keep up the good work Peter for those of us that need to come get rejuvinated. See you next spring on the river!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura C
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I tried "glamping" over Memorial weekend, and stayed for dinner and breakfast. A comfortable king bed in a cozy tent with a wood stove, and a babbling brook outside the back door. Pretty nice. The food was excellent, the best I've had in the entire Clearwater Valley, and a great wine list to boot. Definitely link it in with a Lochsa rafting trip if you can. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MikeyPMoscow
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was my 4th Lochsa trip and 3rd stay at Riverdance Lodge. As usual, ROW and Riverdance came through with 1st class guide service and awesome lodging! Thanks again, see you again next year!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends